What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thorelii x Aristolochioides

Hi all, new to posting on this forum. Somewhat of a long time reader though. Sorry to dig up this ancient thread but I was wondering if I could get some help. I couldn't believe all the glowing reports of the ease of growth for this plant. Considering its beauty and expecting its vigor, I bought one. If my memory is not failing me, I've had it for 9 months. All I can say is my specimen is no ventrata. It is one of the most troubling plants in my collection. The vine on it is around 6 inches and only has grown about 4 or 5 leaves since I've had it, has not pitchered once and is now pushing a tiny basal up. It is definitely this hybrid as I bought if from a reputable seller and had a pitcher on it when I bought it. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Oh, of course I should mention my conditions for it:

Windowsill with some direct sun.
71-74 F. Standard house temps.
LFS, coco chips, pumice (don't use this media anymore)
Water once a week.
50 percent humidity in summer. Can get to 30 percent in winter.
Haven't fertilized this one yet.

This has to be one of the most vigorous hybrids I've ever had (and it looks like N. Klossi -- :D ) . Mine has done best in highland conditions, upper 50*F night temps and high 70's low 80's day temps, but it has grown well with nights in the 60s as well & is very tolerant to temp fluctuations. The media consists mainly of peat mixed in with some sand, LFS, and coco chips. I've tracked the leaf progress & have come up with an average of one leaf every 10-12 days or so. I would recommend bagging the Nep & seeing how it reacts to humidity at first as this is the biggest concern with windowsill growing.

Back