What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thorelii x Aristolochioides

yeah so after seeing one of my frineds with one and seeing how vigorus this plant is i got one myself. ive heard that the plant roots very easily! i hope thats true. what surprises me that it looks more like aristo in shape. is this the closest anyone hase seen in a hybrid with aristo? anybody eles has something to say about this hybrid?

N_Thorelii_x_Aristolochioides_Highland_2.jpg

N_Thorelii_x_Aristolochioides_Highland_1.jpg

Hi fc3srx713b:

Yes, After 18 months of successful cultivation, now i have three stalks in this plant and each one is or has been producing a flower spike within the last 2 months.
Although very tolerant of cold weather, it grows more actively in summer. One will have to get used to chopping vines from time to time or it'll take over your greenhouse.
it produces lower and upper pitchers without support
IMO, the best replacement for bored ventrata growers.

Gus

My experience is the same. For whatever reason, this nepenthes cannot be stopped. It produces basals quickly, forms uppers and lowers, and seems to be among the fastest growing. Mine fell, creasing the main vine badly. It didn't care. The vine kept growing despite being badly damaged, and two basals appeared. It's a great one because the pitchers are interesting no matter what size. I agree, this should replace the N. x ventrata as the go-to easy nepenthes because it's much better looking, imo.

Capslock

My largest pitchers are about the size of your fist (if you have a big hand.) It's in the middle of this picture, and the largest one is the pitcher towards the back on the left of the pot.

shelf_1.sized.jpg

Capslock

Anyone have any of these for trade?
-Nick

This is a beautiful plant! The largest pitchers I got were 7 inches (18 cm) uppers were never as large (about 5 inches) but still awesome!
Mine first flowered in summer 04 and flowered continuously throughout 2005 (it's a female). I grow mine in highland conditions next to my true N. aristo. Both competed to see who could grow the longest last year. the thor x aristo won out with 3 five foot stalks whereas aristo only made two very long stalks and a basal. FYI both were in nothing but 4" pots of 1/2 spagnum 1/2 fine orchid bark as well!

There will be plenty of rootted cuttings of both available on ebay this summer... hint hint
smile_m_32.gif

well i gotta a buck if anyone wants to make some babies!
smile_m_32.gif

Oh this is one of my favorite Nepenthes hybrids. Here is a photo of mine...

2834365b.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

wow man thats great! u have a pic of the lowers?

Here is a smaller one from a newly forming basal shoot.

f569f404.jpg

thanks
-Jeremiah-

Wow
That is very nice,beats a ventrata every time
smile.gif

Bye for now Julian

<span style='color:Teal'>Hello!
smile.gif

I also have this hybrid. And thought my plant is a bit small i really love it. I can hardly wait untill see it reach the sizes of some of yours
smile_m_32.gif

Here is a pic of the bigger pitcher i have. It is only 1.5 inches :
NEPENTHESTHORELIIXARISTOLOCHIOIDES1.jpg

And here is a pic of a new pitcher, it seems that this one will be bigger than the previous. At least i hope so:
NEPENTHESTHORELIIXARISTOLOCHIOIDES2.jpg

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Nice! i cant wait to see mine get bigger too.
i dont know if i mentioned it already but i got a male.

hey wheres Tony P.?? hes got these he would know best. when he gets here...
Tony: how much do you sell these for when they are availiable

Hi all:

Relative lower humidity depends on the place where you grow yours. 30% is fine for this plant.

thorellXaristomod.jpg

Tony would have a better idea on how he grows his in New york

Gus

are these as temperature hardy as ventrata? can they take temps up to 70?

well here in long beach we get about 20% or lower when harsh!

Back