What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. x Judith Finn

glider14

Always a newbie
hello,
Looking at a N. x Judith Finn and i was wondering what conditions are ok for it. 65 night 75 day and above 75% humidity is what i have. how big does it get? is it worth growing....DO I EVER ASK TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile.gif

I think you're still under the 20 question per week limit.
smile.gif

Judith Finn is a relatively hardy hybrid and your conditions should be fine. I never grew it for a long period of time, but I remember it being a little slow. The pitchers are nice especially once they get above 4", and looking at the parents, I suppose a mature plant would be fairly large but not humongous.

Peter

large enough for an 18x18x24 terrarium??

I have a Judith Finn that's gone from about 6 inches in diameter to something around 12 or 15 in the last year. It doesn't put out new leaves very fast, but they just keep getting bigger and bigger. Mine really perked up when I moved it to a heated lowland tank; it was doing OK before but now the pitchers are huge (longer than the rest of the leaf) and it's growing noticably faster.
~Joe

so its better as a lowlander than a highlander?

I'd say lowlander. It's one of the plants I grow in my office. The temps stay around room 70 to 75, and I have been growing it under 24 hour lights. I'm here now so I'll take a pic, and post it in my gallery. Just click the link below.
I should mention the humidity is pretty low as well so it may do even better with higher humidity.

It's one of those odd bomb-proof neps that does well equally under lowland and highland conditions. You can grow it where ever you can grow N. x ventrata.

Mature pitchers of this hybrid can exceed 12 inches in length. Some of my oldest plants have had traps 18 inches long. Once they start vining they send out copious basal rosettes and get larger and larger with each new rosette. They are only suitable for a terrarium for a very limited amount of time.
They seem to produce the biggest and best pitchers in intermediate conditions with humidity above 70%.

Back