What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rafflesiana gigantea.

<span style='color:Teal'>Hello!
smile.gif

I have a Nepenthes rafflesian ‘Gigantea’ that finally is producing good pitchers, but I see these pitchers like if they were more elongated, or longer than normal rafflesiana. Is this normal?  
confused.gif

Here is a pic of one of the pitchers:
NEPENTHESRAFFLESIANAGIGANTEAFEB0420.jpg

Does any of you have this variety of rafflesiana and pics of the pitchers that you can post here, so I can compare?
confused.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Yes I think gigantea has more elongated pitchers then others.

Yes, that's how my giant raff pitchers looked before the plant got turned into cuttings. What clone number is yours? I have BE 99 with dark crimson (almost purple) pitchers and a few yellow speckles, yours is like an exact opposite, very cool!

<span style='color:Teal'>Hello!
smile.gif

Thank you guys, for all the info...! I was a little scared that what i was thinking it was a Gigantea suddenly could be another thing
confused.gif

I do not know the clone number of my plant. Where i bought it was posted as -Mixed Clones-. Then i asked the person who sold it to me about the clonal number, but he never answered that. So for me it is unknown.

Is there any way to recognize which clone is it?
confused.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

I have seen places selling a mix of two BE giganteas and BE's elongata. It was listed as 'mixed clones' as well. You may have received elongata. I think it is paler in colour like yours, but I'm not certain about that. Nevertheless, elongata gets pretty big, too.

-D. Lybrand

<span style='color:Teal'>I'll keep in mind this info you have provided in, D. Lybrand
smile.gif

Thanks,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Back