What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata in full sun

Will truncata lowland and highland take full sun?

Yes, provided it doesn't get too hot, or too dry.

It depends on whether you're talking lowland or highland, and it also depends on humidity. With higher humidity, they can cope with higher temperatures, within reason. In high humidity, highland truncata is fine up to around 30-32C, lowland up to 35 - 38C. If it's dry, I wouldn't let either go much above 30C.

i noticed that this truncata highland has has two nubs on the lower part of the peristome.
65878536RL403678724.jpg

this lowland only has one
834N_Truncata_2_1_.jpg

fc3srx713b,
I cannot trasmit you my experience bacause I grow truncata i terrarium because it was a young plant. This summer I will put outside only the truncata highland...
The lowland form will stay in home in terrarium,ehehe!
Anyway I can tell you that when I got the highland form she stayed outside from June to October with 2 hours of direct sunlight of the MORNIG!
ok?
Bye!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

thanks mr aga,
well these two get full sun from 10 -ish am to about 4 - 6 -is. i havent counted the hours exactly they both are in full sun.
oh and btw,
they are next to each other so they both get same each...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Feb. 08 2006,9:37)]i noticed that this truncata highland has has two nubs on the lower part of the peristome.
65878536RL403678724.jpg
fc3srx713b, your plants look great...I am keeping my eye out for the highland form...supposed to be hairier than the lowland...is this true with yours?
Ludwig

From my actuall experiences ( very poor ) there are a lot of clones of Nepenthes truncata and actually I have a friend of mine called Daniele Righetti who is growing an hairy highland truncata ( bough from Gert from Carniflora : he told it was an highland from Borneo Exotics seller).
Here are its pictures
smile_h_32.gif
it has no red peristome but I think because it is still young ).
truncata_high1.jpg

truncata_high2.jpg

truncata_high3.jpg

Besides my truncata is also an highland clone from Wistuba this time and has re peristome but no hairs at all.
I have also 2 little lowland truncatas and they are a little hairy...where should be the true?
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ Feb. 09 2006,2:00)]fc3srx713b, your plants look great...I am keeping my eye out for the highland form...supposed to be hairier than the lowland...is this true with yours?
Ludwig
well i got it for cheap. yeah, its a bit harier than the lowland for sure, but not that much.

Back