What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. thorelii x mixta.

<span style='color:Teal'>Hello guys!
smile.gif

I have 2 plants of Nepenthes thorelii x mixta. I have cultivated both plants from cuttings and both plants are vigorous and producing big pitchers (more than 6 inches of length).
smile.gif

I would like to know if any of you cultivate this hybrid. If you do, can you post pics of your plants? Do you have lower pitchers pics?

I would like to see them, because I am interested in know how different are lowers from upper. I think that upper are marvelous, the contrast between the green in the pitcher and the very red peristome is amazing. Is it the same in lowers?  

Here are pics of my plants. Sorry for the quality of the pics.
confused.gif

These are 2 pics of the same pitcher at different days:
NEPENTHESTHORELIIXMIXTAFEB0720062.jpg

NEPENTHESTHORELIIXMIXTAFEB0720061.jpg

This pitcher is the biggest one I have so far. It is a little bit bigger than 6 inches:
NEPENTHESTHORELIIXMIXTAFEB0720063.jpg

Here you see one of my plants, in the right portion of the pic you can se also my N. Dominii:
NEPENTHESTHORELIIXMIXTAFEB0720064.jpg

Cheers,
Jorge Joel…
Emilia’s Garden</span>

Hello Jorge Joel, is this the plant I sent you last year???  
smile.gif
 If it is, it's nice to see you taking such good care of it!  Here are pics of mine before I sent them to you, and it would be your plant's parent:
p_thorelii_unknown_hybrid1_ezg_1.jpg

Notice here the immature pitcher which is all-green:
p_thorelii_unknown_hybrid2_ezg_1.jpg

And another:
Nepenthes_unknown_hybrid4_ezg_5.jpg

p.s. I think if you gave stronger light you would get more red speckling in the pitcher's body. I never got lower pitchers on that plant.

See ya!
Ludwig

<span style='color:Teal'>Hello my friend!
smile.gif

Yes, indeed, these plants are the result of the cutting you sent me
smile.gif

I divided in 2 the cuting you sent me and now i have these 2 plants that i really love a lot.

I have 1 plant under the shade of the greenhouse and Delonix regia over the greenhouse, which tends to be more yellowish green. The other 1 is in the border of the greenhouse, where it recieves direct sunlight at noon and evening, and yes, as you say, this one has red spots on the pitchers.

These plants are extremely amazing. Once again, thank you for sharing them with me
smile.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

I have the same plant. It also came from ludwig777.

Ludwig,
Do you know if that plant came from Fullerton Arboretum and may be one of Leo Song's hybrids?

I don't grow it, but that sure is a sweet Nep!

Ludwig: Would you happen to know if you'll be offering any cuttings of that plant for trade any time soon?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ Feb. 08 2006,7:30)]Ludwig,
Do you know if that plant came from Fullerton Arboretum and may be one of Leo Song's hybrids?
I never knew it's origin.

Back