What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.Bical

bicals will get their fangs pretty soon...id say maby three or four more leaves
smile.gif
good luck. and i sent you that pm and you should read it. on the PM i forgot to mention the bulb size for the in side lamp is 50W

Well I got the temp up to 83 and the humidity is about 75-80%. Is this good for a ventrata, ventricosa, a coccinea, a raffesliana, and a bical?

sounds good for all except cocciena which i do not know how to grow i suspect it would be like the vens adapting to just about any conditions you through at it

Hey all just one question: How long will it take for my bical to start producing pitchers that are red or orange and have fangs? I no u already told me 3-4 more leaves but how long is that? It will be under 1 flourecent light. Compact bulb that is 100w. And the humidity and temp. during day: 75-80% and 84F. During nite: 75% and 71-74F.

bical, if given the right conditions grows quickly alittle slower than ventrata but still fast.

Hi
I was just told at pitcher-plants.com that bical are impossible to acclimate from terrarium to outdoor temps and humidity. My terrarium: Humid:75-80% Temps:72 at nite and 84 during day. Outdoors here on summer is 70-80% humid and Temps:80-95 and 70-80 during the nite. THANKS!

P.S. How do u acclimate them if possible?

The bical whose pic i posted i got last summer from blackjungle.

It was a 4" plant in a 3" pot.

Repot it immediately in pure LFS in minimum 5"x5" pot.

Why pure LFS? Is this completely necessary?

I'd much rather just keep it in its current pot/media for the time being

I think its since this plant likes root space. I think Im going to just put it in a 4" pot since Im growing it in a 10 gallon aquarium and I dont have room for a 5" pot. Thanks!

Back