What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edwardsiana

is anyone getting one?  
smile_l_32.gif

does anyone have one cultivation? i only know of one person in the U.S. that have a male and female...

Along with N. klossii, it is one of my grail plants of which I am willing to pay nearly anything. Among the first highlanders I ordered from Wistuba was N. edwardsiana ssp. macophylla which is in reality "plain old" N. macrophylla. Extremely slow grower for me (about 6 inches now after 3 years) but it did arrive as a 2 cm plant with no root system!

I have now a N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana but that's as close as I've come.

Yup, that's pretty much the face I made!
laugh.gif

Thankfully it rooted easily enough after some months into live spahgnum. I just repotted it for the first time ever (into all new media) in Jan and it's really sulking now so the leaves have gotten smaller than they were and the pitchers said g'bye for now. It looks to have a long, thick, few rooted root system.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Feb. 09 2006,1:08)]is anyone getting one?
smile_l_32.gif

does anyone have one cultivation? i only know of one person in the U.S. that have a male and female...
I've seen them in person and they are truly fantastic. I'm on a waiting list for two 1" seedlings! Can't say from where, though, as I was sworn to secrecy. Sorry.
edwardsiana_small.jpg

I see they were fungicided recently. I'd protect those babies from nasty fungi if I had 'em. They are beauties!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (WalterG @ Feb. 09 2006,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Feb. 09 2006,1:08)]is anyone getting one?  
smile_l_32.gif

does anyone have one cultivation?  i only know of one person in the U.S. that have a male and female...
I've seen them in person and they are truly fantastic.  I'm on a waiting list for two 1" seedlings!  Can't say from where, though, as I was sworn to secrecy.  Sorry.
edwardsiana_small.jpg
c'mon now! i bet alot of people know where you can get one! im on the waiting list for 2 too you know
smile_m_32.gif

thats the max anyone can get i think. not cheap too!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Feb. 09 2006,3:01)]c'mon now! i bet alot of people know where you can get one! im on the waiting list for 2 too you know
smile_m_32.gif

thats the max anyone can get i think. not cheap too!

You are probably right, but I promised not to tell, so I'm not gonna.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (WalterG @ Feb. 10 2006,12:09)]You are probably right, but I promised not to tell, so I'm not gonna.
your a good man
smile_m_32.gif

all others gotta go on a hunt to find out where! not getting a word from walterg!
laugh.gif
smile_n_32.gif

but yeah like you walterg im getting too. come out to be an even number!

Awesome plants. I'll get one when the price drops to about $200 a plant!
smile_n_32.gif

All right then, GIVE UP YOUR SOURCES!!!

I'd love to get one of these, and can provide proper conditions for it.

Capslock
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Feb. 10 2006,12:21)]I'll get one when the price drops to about $200 a plant!
smile_n_32.gif
more affordable than you think!!!
smile_l_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif
smile_n_32.gif

Walter,
Are they true seedlings or young plantlets from TC? You know that fella from up in your neck of the woods has got it in TC, and has sold the edwardsiana culture to other sources.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ Feb. 10 2006,12:48)]Walter,
Are they true seedlings or young plantlets from TC? You know that fella from up in your neck of the woods has got it in TC, and has sold the edwardsiana culture to other sources.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i only know of one person in the U.S. that have a male and female...

like i said before, someone has a male and female plant of edwardsiana and happen to flower to make seeds. these are seed grown to the best o my knowledge. so this is the real deal!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ Feb. 09 2006,3:48)]Walter,
They are seedlings.

>They are seedlings.

Beautious!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ Feb. 10 2006,12:48)]You know that fella from up in your neck of the woods has got it in TC, and has sold the edwardsiana culture to other sources.
thats good but i wonder when they will be ready to come out on the market. they will for sure be expensive at first but then will decrease in time due to the availability and competition between vendors.

how much are seedlings now? and is the person selling them a commercial grower or one among us.....??

Just as long as you all realise that they are from illegally collected material. Edwardsiana is in a part of the National Park where it is illegal to enter without a permit, and illegal to collect.

Back