What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Similarities..

glider14

Always a newbie
has anyone noticed the similarities in these two?
Burb

Vogelii

just thought it was wiered... BTW can any burb growers give some tips for me?

I just got a small burbidgeae; I have a lot of waiting to do!

p_Nepenthes_burbidgeae.jpg

from what i heard it grows werid. it does well for a while then has some slow growth or dormancy then goes back to normal... does any one have a variation of burbidgea other than the typical cream color?

The similarities are superficial. Vogelii is very similar to fusca, especially its lower pitchers (ditto with platychila).

ludwigg did you get yours from Cooks carnivores? and does it realy grow that slow?....faster thatn rajah hopfully

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Feb. 14 2006,6:05)]ludwigg did you get yours from Cooks carnivores? and does it realy grow that slow?....faster thatn rajah hopfully
Yes it came from cooks; it looks to be very slow at this time...not sure what it will do later, I have never grown this before.

This is still one species I "need" to get. All in all though, rajah is not a slow grower (for me at least), and when I did have burbidgeae it grew very slowly most of the times.

Cheers
Amori

Glider 14,
Whos burb is that in the picture?

i got both from a website(woops forgot to give credit). the vogelii from Nepenthes For Everyone(sydneyneps). and the burb is from nepenthesnouen.web.infoseek.co.jp . sorry bout that....

Quite the mature specimen, huh?

Cheers,

Joe

Yea Joe, I was admirin' it!

Burbidgeae is a species that grows quite slowly as a rosette, at least most of the time. Every now and then it will have a growth spurt. However, once it starts climbing its growth speed increase dramatically.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SydneyNeps @ Feb. 15 2006,2:13)]Burbidgeae is a species that grows quite slowly as a rosette, at least most of the time. Every now and then it will have a growth spurt. However, once it starts climbing its growth speed increase dramatically.
How long do you think it will take my plant to start climbing?

Depends on your conditions, but I would guess 2 to 3 years or more.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ Feb. 14 2006,4:25)]How long do you think it will take my plant to start climbing?
right at about the time you dont have room for it to do it
smile_n_32.gif

sorry, does someone know where my meds are................its been a bad day.................

Which nursery does vogelii come from, anyway? I've been searching for it for some time.

-D. Lybrand

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dlybrand @ Feb. 14 2006,9:48)]Which nursery does vogelii come from, anyway? I've been searching for it for some time.
Hello,

this was the Hortus Botanicus in Leiden, NL.

Cheers,
Dominik

Edit: sorry, had two forums opened at once and screwed myself up

Back