What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My beloved Viking!

<span style='color:teal'>Hello guys!  
smile.gif

Did you remember that when Tsunami hit Thailand there was the thoguht that N. Viking had deseappeared from the face of the Earth? Well this days we know that they did not desappear.  
smile.gif

I bought 1 Viking and my plant arrived today... You will never know how excited i am.  
smile_n_32.gif

Anyways, i just wanted to share with you all some pics of one of its pitchers. I am trully in love with this plants  
smile.gif

See why this species was nicknamed as Viking:
NEPENTHESVIKINGPINK1.jpg

I love the pink coloration:
NEPENTHESVIKINGPINK2.jpg

That mouth is asking for food, don't you think?:
NEPENTHESVIKINGPINK3.jpg

I will keep on posting new pics, once my plant is acclimatized to her new environment and start to produce new pithcers.

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Great pics, Awesome plant!
I am very jealous, Jorge!

Dang, what a stunning plant. I'm sure you'll make that it very happy! Can't wait to see more pitchers
smile.gif

I like the angle of the first photo. Nobody has posted one like that before (that I have seen) and I had wondered about the name 'Viking'.

-D. Lybrand

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dlybrand @ Feb. 15 2006,7:07)]I like the angle of the first photo. Nobody has posted one like that before (that I have seen) and I had wondered about the name 'Viking'.

-D. Lybrand
Yeah, that photo really illustrates why the plant was given that name.

It is because it looks like a viking ship when it lies down on the ground.
I have been making Viking handcrafts for a couple of years (way back) and I know how the ships were built.
Its really funny but it is correct, it really looks the same..
The man who saw these at the first time had seen a movie about Vikings, and he was thinking about their ships.
That is the reason why he called them N.Viking and that is a really good name for them.
vik0602082.jpg

vik060208.jpg

skepp.jpg

WOW brutal...I mean...WOW!! What a great way to compare the pitchers. They really, really do look like a viking ship. And that real ship...just breath taking!

You got one very beautiful plant Jorge. Congratulations on a fine purchase. I'm sure you'll make it very happy.

Phil

I like the slender shape of that pitcher Jorge. Don't have any like that in my collection, but then again all the viking may as well be different. They also change colour and shape of pitchers as they age.

<span style='color:teal'>Hello guys!
smile.gif

Thank you very much for all your comments
smile.gif
I am really happy with this new plant. It pormisses a lot! It has even a basal shoot already. I love it!

I am desperate to see new pitchers, but i will be patiently, i know it will be worthed
smile.gif

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Great plant, Jorge!! My only caution is to expect some shock from shipping and your new conditions. My N. vikings took a real beating in settling in to my conditions. I'm growing them in decidedly highland conditions, so that makes it worse, but my understanding is that they take a while to adjust to new surroundings.

Incidentally, they are recovering for me, and are now inflating pitchers, but it's been a few months.

Capslock

<span style='color:teal'>Hello!
smile.gif

Thank you for the advice, Capslock!
smile.gif

Unfortunatedly for me, i know that they will enter now into a shock because of the change of environment and because of been in a box for several days. But i am use to it.

But fortunatedly for me, i cultivate my plants in a sort of lowland... So i guess it will be better for my Viking to get out of that shock, amybe sooner.  
smile_m_32.gif

Also another possitive point that i have on my side is that this dry season has not been so dry as it use to be, so my plants are recieving a good amount of rain every day and the humidity is high as in the rest of the year.

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

Back