What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

February pics!

Hey! It's that time. More pics!

OK, highlighting this month's gallery is N. veitchii x lowii. The latest pitcher here has doubled the size of the previous one. This might be my current favorite hybrid:
4158559a.jpg

Here's a closeup of the lid, which has a lot of hairs from the lowii:
bc88d15e.jpg

Here's a whole-plant picture that shows the nice growth habit of N. ephippiata:
21b1272a.jpg

Here's an old standby, and a great plant, N. maxima var. superba:
6197b63a.jpg

Here's N. lavicola, which produces lots of pitchers, if not the most exciting ones:
17dbde1e.jpg

Here's the latest N. lowii pitcher. I got this plant when it was the size of a dime, now the pitchers are one inch high. This is one slow nep, but a great one!
24a9be78.jpg

And finally, my latest N. macrophylla pitcher:
5176e0f3.jpg

Capslock

As usual, great looking plants
smile.gif
I especially like the N.lowii and N.lavicola.
In the first pic of the N.veitchii x lowii, what nep is that in the background, it looks like part of the peristome got bitten off by something?

love the coloration on the veitchii x lowii.

simply amazing

I really love you and all your plants! ;)
Really nice the lowii and also lavicola!
My gf has also a little lavicola in cultivation!
Bye!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Macrophylla is looking good. Who took a bite out of that ventricosa?

-D. Lybrand

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PiranhaPlant @ Feb. 19 2006,10:02)]As usual, great looking plants
smile.gif
I especially like the N.lowii and N.lavicola.
In the first pic of the N.veitchii x lowii, what nep is that in the background, it looks like part of the peristome got bitten off by something?
its N ventricosa i think. make note to self get N. eppiphiata

#6 hairy lowii is very nice.well done

Robert
smile_m_32.gif

Yes, I think the same...a monster has bitten the poor venticosa! ;)
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

As always, great photos, Capslock.  The N. veitchii x lowii is outstanding.  That peristome is fantastic! (Is that the form distributed by A.W.?)

The young N. lowii has great color and N. maxima is a classsic, as you said.

Thanks for posting for all of us to enjoy,
KPG

Wow! Those are some amazing plants you've got there! BTW, the N. ventricosa red x green you sent me is still making amazing progress. There most be something about the pot it's in, even the moss is growing INSANE. The hamata is picking up pace, but only time will tell if it'll hold it (man I hope!!) In any case, very nice plants!

Capslock, your plants are truly amazing. I am so anxious to finish my greenhouse so I can grow such plants as yours!
Ludwig

Thanks everyone! KPG: Not sure where that clone originated. I bought the plant at the BACPS show last summer. I think the vendor was Hortus Botanicus, but I'm not 100% sure.

Oh, and the plant behind the veitchii x lowii is indeed a simple N. ventricosa. The pitcher took some damage when it was tiny, and the damage grew with the pitcher.
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

Very nice, a real treat for the eyes and soul. Thanks Capslock!

Cheers
Amori

Looks like a nice setup! Have you got a greenhouse? Can we see a pic of the whole kit n caboodle?
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Looks like a nice setup! Have you got a greenhouse? Can we see a pic of the whole kit n caboodle?
oh no not again!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

jk capslock!
biggrin.gif

Ahh thankyou Sir. I get tired of looking at my plants all the time. I need to see pictures of others before my head pop's. Very nice mac
smile.gif
they all look great, especially the lowii hybrids!

Uh I think I can answer swords question... They are grown in the basement/spare room? no greenhouse just ambient humididty. and of course the sign out front on the mailbox that says Capslock on it
smile_m_32.gif

robin

Robin got it, Josh (except for the mailbox, LOL!!!). I just have a 8x10 foot (approx) basement room dedicated to plants. I use three metal racks (from Costco) and each has about three shelves of plants. The real highlanders go near the floor where it's a bit cooler, especially at night.

Here's a pic from last spring:

Grow_room_1.sized.jpg

Capslock

Hi Max, do you have any current pics of your N. hamata?  I recently moved mine into the light tank and it is responding VERY well. I will post pics as soon as the newest pitcher opens and (hopefully) colors up.

Thanks
Steve

Awsome looking plants, and I still love your set-up there! Keep up the good growing!

-Jeremy

Back