What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nice guy Inside! Feeding Nepenthes with SNAILS !!!

nepenthes_truncata1.jpg

nepenthes_truncata2.jpg

Ok ok...I wanted you to show in the middle of this dark night how devil I am....since I didn't find insects to feed my Nepenthes truncata , reinwardtiana , rajah and ventrinermis [ ventricosa x inermis ] I decide to collect some fresh snails !
Here are the pics ! I gave 2 big of them to my truncata and the other ones to the more littler plants....
Since I had the fear that they could come out from the pitchers...to some of them I covered the pitcher with some paper...
AM I SADIC? ;)
Byeeee!

Mr_Aga
Milan - Italy

That's terrible! How could you do such a thing?!
smile_n_32.gif

I bet the plants enjoy that!

-D. Lybrand

Yet another confirmation that cpers are saddistic @%&@_%!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrAga73 @ Feb. 19 2006,10:19)]
nepenthes_truncata1.jpg

nepenthes_truncata2.jpg

Ok ok...I wanted you to show in the middle of this dark night how devil I am....since I didn't find insects to feed my Nepenthes truncata , reinwardtiana , rajah and ventrinermis [ ventricosa x inermis ] I decide to collect some fresh snails !
Here are the pics ! I gave 2 big of them to my truncata and the other ones to the more littler plants....
Since I had the fear that they could come out from the pitchers...to some of them I covered the pitcher with some paper...
AM I SADIC?  ;)
Byeeee!

Mr_Aga
Milan - Italy
Yikes, horrible! Are you sure your plants are going to appreciate it? I know my mirandas dont, even the largest pitchers (sorry large for me is quite small: 20cm+) will have putrification...and they make some stench...

Probably your pitcher won't rot with only a snail. Mine did, but I overfeeded them :p

Well, I wouldn't mind much if you were outdoors, just don't go close to the pitcher. But if you are growing your plants indoors then thats another matter.
smile_m_32.gif

I don't think that Nep. truncata will die before only because a big snail....the tessue of the trap is very thick and not the same as Nep. Miranda.
Anyway...I will SHAKE the pitcher oftern...this will raise chances of a good end digestion of the victim.
smile.gif

I put snail in the oldest pitcher and in the newest.
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

FINALLY SOME GORE!!!! well a little...
smile_n_32.gif
 thanks you mraga for calming the urges down!
smile_t_32.gif
>;-D
smile_l_32.gif

You really are sadistic. Those poor Neps being force feed snails. I have a friend that swears by feeding his Sarrs with worms. Lots of protein, not much ruffage. Are these really snails or slugs. Keep us posted on their appearance. did they finally die or escape?

I've observed slugs/snails turn into a delightful sludge - they just seem to melt! "They melt in your mouth, not in your hands!"

Cheers
Amori

Wow...Splatter and Gore!
Did you know that 1 year ago I have given a RED snail to my ex Nepenthes rafflesiana and after 1 month the water in its traps turned BLOODY RED! Man...it was amazing...I should have some pictures...I will post them later!
THE SNAILS DID NOT ESCAPE : because I have avoid them to do it closing the pitchers with some cotton,AHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you want I will post also a pic of this pitcher after a month!
See yah!
If you have some gore pics this is the right TOPIC to show them!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrAga73 @ Feb. 20 2006,10:30)]THE SNAILS DID NOT ESCAPE  : because I have avoid them to do it closing the pitchers with some cotton,AHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feed snails to my neps all the time and i enjoy smashing their shells before they are dropped into the pitchers...in fact just this morning one of my largest pitchers was half eaten by a snail so I have no problem getting even.

Hey...
Do you give to your nepenthes snails with shells?
I without...so it will remain nothing into the pitcher,eheheh!
smile.gif

Have you some nice gore pics?
Byeee!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Sorry no gore pics at this time!!!
smile_t_32.gif

I leave the shells on...a friend of mine had taken pics of the mice he feeds his plants and you talk about GORE!!! After a week or so, it is a big bloody mess.

Nooooooo!!! Really you know a such guy? he feed also a truncata or rajah?
Please please there is some way you could ask to him to send you some pictures to pubblish here?
Some pictures like this I have on my Home Site!
This pic of course is not mine and rappresents a truncata with a mouse in it.
Enjoy and let me know LUDWIG777 !!!!

Bye!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

spec_2.jpg

Did you have to post that picture while I was eating my lunch?  
smile_l_32.gif

We really love our plants, don't we?

ludwig777,
aahhah! Here in Italy while it is lunch for you...here it is 11:00 pm! ahaha!
Already had dinner,ehhe!
PLEASE, could you ask also to your friend to send you some pics?
So you can post them here or send to me.
I knew a person that gave his plants little fishes!
Bye!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrAga73 @ Feb. 21 2006,2:16)]PLEASE, could you ask also to your friend to send you some pics?
So you can post them here or send to me.
I knew a person that gave his plants little fishes!
They were on his old website but he lost all his info when he moved; sorry...funny you mention fishes, he would also feed goldfish to his Neps AND to his Drosera adele (sp?), and he had consecutive photos of them being digested on this sundew. Maybe you could conduct a similar project and post them here???

Have a nice day,
Ludwig

YES....YES....YES!!!! GORE MORE GORE!!!! MUST SEE MORE GORE (not al gore!)

Ludwig777,
the problem is my mother...for me would not be a problem,eheheh!
Anyway...what a shame for those old photos!
Then tell him to buy another fresh and young mouse in order to feed the incoming new pitchers!  
smile.gif

Here I post a photo of a MELT RED SNAIL without SHELL in a rafflesiana pitcher!
You can check how the liquid was dark red like bloooddd!!!
Amazing!
Enjoy!
Mr_Aga
Milano - ITALY

rafflesiana_blood.jpg

Back