What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

more feb pics

not much to look at this month because of some evil brown spots. I just sprayed w/ zyban, and alliette so that should do the trick(fingers crossed)
Here are a few less effected though

wistuba hamata
hamata-wistuba.jpg

hamata-feb-06-wistuba.jpg

inermis-feb-06.jpg

you can see the evil spots in this picture
predator-feb-06.jpg

here are one of wistubas cllones along side a BE seedling
2-macs.jpg

hope ya like ;)

amazing plants!

Wow that's really purple
smile_k_ani_32.gif
. How big is the nep in the 4th pic?

wow...I love inermis! Hey...what there is right now INSIDE the inermis? May I have a look? ;)
Wowwowwwwww! Man...my Nepenthes macrophylla is sleeping from the first day that it arrived in my terrarium! 3 sleeping months already!
I hope that macrophylla will begin to grow soon! Man...what a suspence!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Thanks guys.
the predator pitcher should be pretty close to a foot tall. It sure looks a lot bigger in person.

Hey Mr Aga. Yep i like inermis too. very simple elegant pitchers. This is the first "upper pitcher it has produced.
smile.gif
smile.gif

I fed it a meal worm
smile_m_32.gif
not sure how effective mealworms actually are. Crickets would be much more "nutricious" but they are just a supplement to liquid fertilizer.

OH, by the way, macrophylla once established is a very strong and sturdy plant. just be patient
smile_m_32.gif

ok rlhirst!
By the way I need to know at which HEIGHT this first upper pitcher was produced!
My Inermis is now about 12 cm tall.
QUESTION 2 :
Thanks for the macrophylla answer...so I have to patience long time in order to see my macrophylla starting to grow? I got her on 5 nov 2005 and from this day until today she is like sleeping ...maybe macrophylla is developing her roots....for starting to grow in the new soil.
Mr_Aga
Milan - Italy

Great pics! Your Predator is completely different from mine, and yet still fantastic. I see yours grows as maniacally as mine. What a robust plant!

Also, your macrophylla is mezmerizing!

Capslock

TY
let's see ..inermis is about 2 feet tall. I think your right on about the roots of macrophylla growing before it starts to grow, but if yours does not do something soon, I would check the roots, to see they are getting enough air. If I uproot a plant that has not grown, or is actuall shrinking, I usually find the roots clumped in a little wet ball... not good. I usually let all my plants pretty much dry out between waterings.

Yep I use fungicide. but it stuns the plants for a month, and they grow funny looking pitchers, so I try to limit to every 6 months or so.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like em. I know I sure enjoy seeing all of yours!!
smile.gif

Terriffic images.  Really like the graceful form of the N. inermis, and the different forms of N. macrophylla are fascinating.  Very nice color on the N. hamata, too.

The 'Predator' I'm growing looks a little different from yours and Capslock's plant (the one at the BACPS show).  Interesting.

Thanks for posting the great photos,
KPG

Such nice looking plants! I want to get a N. hamata of some kind someday. I just wish they weren't so dang expensive!

mitch: try to order one from overseas.(when i get one and i make cuttings ill be sure to sned you one if you dont have one)
smile_m_32.gif
what i want more than anything is a N. Macrophylla(not the wistuba clone) space and conditions also. woah i should just keep dreaming
smile_l_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Feb. 22 2006,2:50)]mitch: try to order one from overseas.(when i get one and i make cuttings ill be sure to sned you one if you dont have one)
smile_m_32.gif
Sweet! Thanks!

Are they cheaper overseas? By how much?

wistuba has some for 40 bucks! but shipping to here is like 20$
smile_h_32.gif
also check Malaysiana tropicals

Dang, that's rough. Do you need anything special to order plants from them since it's overseas?

To order overseas you need import permits. Believe me its much more worth the money to buy one in the continental US. I don't hink you would like to hear the import permits to the tune of at least $100. Match that against a $60 plant!

ah true NG true

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Feb. 22 2006,6:16)]To order overseas you need import permits. Believe me its much more worth the money to buy one in the continental US. I don't hink you would like to hear the import permits to the tune of at least $100. Match that against a $60 plant!
Wow, thanks for that info. I'll just wait until a N. hamata becomes available in the U.S. then. Hopefully that will be soon!

Back