What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humidity for N. copelandii and N. ramispina

Do these plants do well in lower humidity? Right now I have both of them growing in pretty low humidity, between 20 and 30 percent. They still seem to be adjusting from shipping a while back (about a month ago) but they're growing pretty well. What I want to know is what kind of conditions you all grow these plants in.

I have grown also a copelandii ibrid and it grows well under terrarium lights and high humidity and even in low humidity inside home and outside.
Pratically this Nepenthes grows everywhere! ;)
I have this plant from 2 years but only recently with upper pitchers I realized that it was not a pure copelandii...
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Those two grow well for me outdoors here - meaning the humidity varies from the low teens to 50% during the day and 30% to 90% at night. They should do OK for you, but would do better if you could increase the humdity a bit and keep them out of the wind. A month is not long when adjusting plants to lower humidity.

I LOVE COPELANDII!!!!
i have the same conditions as steve and it does well! i think i may have 2 forms of copelandii, regular cylindrical mt apo and bulbous mt pasian!
70679018O631268303.jpg

Thanks for all the info guys! Looks like I'll just keep them where they are.

Great looking plants Santos! How long have you grown N. copelandii?

one i had since july the one on the right, and the other since november i think? they do good and i think i may get uppers on the mt apo!

70679060O456480433.jpg

That's so cool
cool.gif

I'm loving this plant as well. I can't wait until is completely settles in to my conditions.

Here's my copelandii Mt. Apo...so far looks to be very vigorous and forgiving:
p_Nepenthes_copelandii.jpg

Nice looking plant Ludwig. That looks to be about the size of my N. copelandii.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ Feb. 24 2006,10:06)]Nice looking plant Ludwig. That looks to be about the size of my N. copelandii.
Actually, since that picture was taken, the sunlight has caused the pitchers to show red in them...very nice plant.

the mt apo grows in a smaller diameter than the mt pasian...

Hi all:

I don't particularly see humidity being an issue for these two species. they are vigorous and easy growers
I'd rather rephrase the title of this thread as:

"humidity for diatas and hamata".

Gus

lol
biggrin.gif

i think your right agustinfranco!

Back