What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa

What kind of humidity and temp does this need?

humdity:can take down to 40% when ajusted
temps any above 50*

What would be the effect of having the humidity in the winter down to 25-30 range?

If it's used to higher humidity, it will probably stop pitcher production for awhile. I'd recommend a little higher humidity than 40% anyway.

-D. Lybrand

Jmurphy, in the winter it will probably slow down in growth & stop pitchering....or you may get smaller pitchers. At any rate, it certainly wont die or anything....might just look a little ragged.

But in the summer it will start to grow better when the humidity goes up in my room or even if I put it outside?

Yes, grown in anything close to ideal conditions, N. ventricosa will pitcher. I'd bring it inside once the nighttime temperatures approach the mid-fifties. One thing - since you're going to expose the plant to some low humidities, pot it up in a decent size pot so that it doesn't dry out quickly, and so the damp lfs provides some local humidity.

Capslock

In the summer should it be in full sun or shaded? What size pot do you think would be good?

I just checked and the temp is 73 with 40% humidity so that should be good as the minimum right?

put a humidifier(if you use for say a hanging basket) underneath it that should do it good

What is a humidifier that you would use for a hanging basket? Where would I get one, are they big, and about how much are they?

Back