What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well I just took a plunge and placed an order.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
I just placed an order for 3 Nepenthes about an hour ago.  I am excited.  I took a chance on one highlander.  Here is what the order is for.

Nepenthes bicalcarata
Nepenthes ampullaria - Spotted
Nepenthes ramispina

I took a leap with the ramispina.  It lookd to have the same elivation or close to the same as Nepenthes stenophylla, and it didn't have the extra shipping for it being a large plant and was cheaper so I am going to try it.  Wishme luck.

eh! dont worry about the ramisina. not as hard as you think...

Good good I am just hoping it can take the warmer temps. I do not have aspecial growing area for highlanders. I have stayed away from them till now. Heck this will make 6 neps all together. I only have 3 others, but one is labeled as N. sanguinea orange, but looks nothing like the picture on plants with attitude, and its doing well and suposed to be a highlander. Mine is starting to get very pronounced wings on it and looks awsome I will have to take a picture of it to post.

please post a pic! i got some 50 plants already. check my album i just updated it(the link is on my signature). i really want a ramispina but i have to wait till they resurface the balcony floor.

Is there anything special I should know about ramispina? Since you say you need to wait till they resurface the floor does it not do good hanging? My other 3 are hanging in the GH.

N. ramispina is cool. Mine grows in highland conditions, but seems relatively unflappable.

214e94d0.jpg

Capslock

Sweet!!! I may move mine inside when the temps start to rise if it looks like its getting affected until it gets a little bigger. My sanguinea seemed like it exploded with growth when winter hit, but it may just be getting older and stronger too. Will find out when this summer hits if it slows or not. Caps your ramispina is awsome!! I look forward to when I get those large dark purple almost black traps!! thanks for sharing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Feb. 26 2006,10:25)]N. ramispina is cool. Mine grows in highland conditions, but seems relatively unflappable.

214e94d0.jpg

Capslock
Great plant! I recently aquired a N. ramispina and it seems to be settling in pretty well.

does N. Ramispina remain compact until it vines?

LOL Carn freak yup I do now once it gets long enogh for a cutting. Once these come in I will have 6 Neps all together. My biggest one I know can be cut, but its the NoID and its a pretty common one so I didn't even offer it. Looks like a ventrata hybred or something. I got it from an OS meeting. I knew what it was from the get go. It was the top of the vine with no pitcher formed yet siggint on the table with NoID. The other is a sanguinea and a trucata both are too smalle to cutt at the momment.

That is very nice, Capslock.
Did the rest of you notice the pitcher/leaf size ratio? The pitchers appear longer than the length of the leaf. I would say you lighting is most adequate.

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Feb. 27 2006,4:18)]That is very nice, Capslock.
 Did the rest of you notice the pitcher/leaf size ratio? The pitchers appear longer than the length of the leaf. I would say you lighting is most adequate.

Cheers,

Joe
Good point. What do you use for lighting Capslock?

This plant, along with some of my best, most expensive neps, grows under four cheap 4' fluorescent tubes from Home Depot. They're the "cool white" ones at about 2 bucks each.
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Feb. 27 2006,6:27)]This plant, along with some of my best, most expensive neps, grows under four cheap 4' fluorescent tubes from Home Depot. They're the "cool white" ones at about 2 bucks each.
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock
Nice! I have mine growing under two of those tubes. I wonder if I should get a few more...The thing is, I don't know how many more tubes will fit over my 20 gallon long tank.

By the way Capslock, is there any way you could post some general pictures of your growing setup? I'd love to see how you grow your plants.

Plants came in today!! Was a pretty fast shipment. I think its so cool the little bicalcarata has little mini fangs themselves!!! They were rather samll plants, but had pitchers on them. Even though some lost them due to shipping and getting broke off. They will grow!!!

Back