What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Much respect to all. I didn't mean to cause any trouble or call anyone out. I do truly understand everyone has their own points of view and realities to deal with. Bugweed said it. Meanwhile, I'm showing off my plants.

ee884606.jpg

Capslock

[b said:
Quote[/b] (philcula @ Mar. 02 2006,9:11)]...I, like Santos, like to enjoy my plants...only on a solo basis or with my closest friends. Enough of my plants have been put in circulation to satisfy my need for pics of them.
respect man, thats all i have for you.
smilie4.gif

i know everone has something to hide from the public  
smile_m_32.gif
 i know i will pretty soon!  >;-D

but yeah i have a spathulata x spectabilis but there isnt anything to show you guys because its a cutting. from the pics i seen it looks very nice! i have one on the trading forums that is still available and i might take another cutting.  lets put it this way, the mother plant was a long long vine looking at the distance that the leaves were from each other.

phil, i like that "Enough of my plants have been put in circulation to satisfy my need for pics of them. ", maybe someday we could trade what ever strikes your fancy off my collection...

Hey Capslock,
I like your "fine art" photography there of the black peristome. It kinda has a H.R. Geiger vibe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Trent @ Mar. 02 2006,2:14)]It kinda has a H.R. Geiger vibe.
You know, that's exactly what i thought when I first saw X 'Predator'.
Thanks for the pic Capslock, very nice!

Cheers
Amori

Philcula, it's nice to know you have beautiful hybrids, but if you don't share them with the rest what is the point to mention you have them anyway?

Phil was just pointing out that the particular cross in question has already been made, thats all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dionea1000 @ Mar. 02 2006,8:09)]Philcula, it's nice to know you have beautiful hybrids, but if you don't share them with the rest what is the point to mention you have them anyway?
He has shared them with his friends. He grows the plants for his pleasure (don't we all?). There's no better reason to grow any plant other than for our pleasure in it. He shares his knowledge and experience with us and that should be more than enough. If I had to make a choice between having his knowledge or looking at pics of his plants, I'd take the knowledge. A picture would only leave me wishing my plants looked as good as his. Knowledge will help me grow my plants better.

They are Phil's plants, and with some of the "adventures" he's had with some folks, I don't blame him for his want for privacy. I understand it, and am only sorry that it has come to that. Phil knows his business, I have known that for years, and whatever he wants to do with his babies, is his own business. Leave Phil alone about his plants. Let him, and everyone else, grow in peace!

blast from the past, anybody growing N. spectabilis x burkei? or N. spectabilis x platychila, photos would be appreciated

only one i could find of N. spectabilis x platychila
495.jpg

Last edited:
A have a fairly nice Fujifilm S2950 camera that I added an adapter and a set of macro lenses to and still have problems. Someone told me that I needed an SLR digital to get crisp closeups so I decided to just use what I have. I can't see spending that much on a hobby camera. It probably wouldn't hurt to take a class so I might check in my area.

I have a spectabilis x platychila, but as of right now no pitchers. He's still settling in.

Back