What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Narrow leaves!

Hi guys,

A number of my neps, like my bical, fusca and clip are putting out narrow leaves. I cannot think that this is a good thing, so I want to ask - Is this a problem and what are its causes?

I cannot think of any drastic changes in environment, but there may have been a possible increase in light and maybe a dryer environment (not as much watering).

My current conditions are: Strong artificial shop light on a metal rack, good air circulation, 30 degrees celcius (lowland), humidity around 60-80%, Mix = LFS, cocofibre, pine bark

Thanks,
wezx

wezx,i can only think of sudden hot,humid and longer light day at the moment.we are only an hr.from singapore so there is not much difference. I often mist my neps and they don't show any changes,though.

Btw- it rains almost everyday since 20th feb but never before that. The rain comes late this year.

Robert
smile.gif

Yes, but unfortunately for me, i live in an apartment on the 7th story, so Singapore's rain/humidity and light cannot be taken advantage of
smile_h_32.gif

Nooo, im not looking forward to the rain seasons, haha.

Btw where are you from? Im Malaysian living in singapore!

where am from - Kuching, Sarawak. 7th storey apartment-you have the open verandah in front or behind,isn't it? unless your apt. is squeezed inbetween others:p
biggrin.gif

Quite closely packed, although have some sunlight coming from in front (sun overhead I think). Not totally blocked.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Mar. 02 2006,9:23)]Quite closely packed, although have some sunlight coming from in front (sun overhead I think). Not totally blocked.
smile.gif
well,that should work wonderful for neps. Being close to the natural settings. In my case where our house has a garden behind I use 2 layers of nursey shade to blocked off the direct sunlight.The shade works super for the neps.I mist it as often as possible,my mom will mist for me if i am not around
smile.gif
.Humidity plays an important part + a preference for well drain medium provide coolness and rooms to "breath" for the roots.

Robert

Back