What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its been a long wait!!!!

there may be new ones that were not available now but then.

still no actuall signs of stress on mine and no leaf burn as well...
i wonder how that sibu x truncata squat will do.

I heard that the sibu x truncta squat will get HUGE. I beleev that is was about 1 foot tall as a juvenile in one of the pics I saw.

does anyone think that someday the USDA may stop passing stuff like this?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 03 2006,12:02)]You're lucky that you're local. I have to wait for them to be shipped AGAIN to get to me. *sigh* I expect they'll have plenty of jet-lag by the time they get here...

...Oh Lord have mercy. I'm gonna need more room.

Those are a touch bigger than I had imagined they'd be. Where am I going to put them? Oh god...

Capslock
did you get your plants already?  
smile_m_32.gif

i wanna see pics!

Here are pics!

First, N. thorelli x TM: (does this look like anyone elses?)
48cde3a2.jpg

Here's the same plant:
7d8d7ec0.jpg

Next, N. ventricosa x TM
3b24fde4.jpg

And here's the sibuyanensis x TM in back, and bellii x TM in front. As you can see, all the plants got a little beat up in transit (the box was CRUSHED. It was kind of alarming), but are healthy as can be with firm, bright green folliage.
c92a6568.jpg

Capslock

WOW awesome plants guys! im guessing TM stands for N.x Trusmadiensis right? i have to do this sometime once i get out of HS(or in the summer) and when i can drive.
alex
EDIT: i just looked at the website...AND TAKE A LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THOSE PITCHERS ON THE N. Truncata x(Spectabilis x Northiana)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG!!!

I know rite! The pitcher is at least a foot and a half! Its crazy!!!! I think TM stands for something else. Forgot what though. I mite get a few of the TM clones if they have it wen someone else places a group order.

Yes, TM stands for Trusmadiensis. I've been using the abbreviation for so long, I've forgotten that it isn't standard.

Taxonomically speaking, I don't think the name N. Trusmadiensis is proper. I believe when the plants were first discovered on Mt. Trus Madi, they were thought to be a unique species, hence the latin sounding name it was given. Since it is now recognized as the natural hybrid macrophylla x lowii, shouldn't it be given a more "correct" name? Seems like there are a lot of hybrids with latin names though. I'm sure someone around here can correct me.

I just love these hybrids with trusmadiensis. I can't wait for more to be released. How can you not want something with macrophylla and lowii, but is easier to grow, and no one knows what they will look like when they get to the upper pitcher stage. Its like opening your Christmas present and still having a Christmas present to open! (Or having your cake and eating it)

Those new pics on EP are incredible! I wish I was one of the lucky ones to obtain that hybrid when it was released.

if TM is so rare and soooooooo friggin expensive...why dont people make it themselves? same with the other rare hybrids
alex

Have you tried to grow a N. lowii and N. macrophylla and have them both flower at the same time? Those plants are SSSLLLLOOOOWWWWW. Besides, it's a natural hybrid, so part of the deal is that it's a plant found in nature.

Capslock

you have a point....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Mar. 09 2006,4:22)]Have you tried to grow a N. lowii and N. macrophylla and have them both flower at the same time? Those plants are SSSLLLLOOOOWWWWW. Besides, it's a natural hybrid, so part of the deal is that it's a plant found in nature.

Capslock
yeah what are the chances of getting even one to flower!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think TM stands for something else.
no its what steve said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its like opening your Christmas present and still having a Christmas present to open! (Or having your cake and eating it)
or in other words, very orgasmic to find new things after the next!

here is another two that i just got from ep!

sanguinea (d)
87259692O733915393.jpg

87259740O826737505.jpg

87259793O742911396.jpg

maxima (m)
87259825O666194071.jpg

87259882O898553741.jpg

Steve,
N. trusmadiensis was properly described. It is a legit natural hybrid, like N. hookeriana (natural hybrid of ampullaria x rafflesiana).

I just thought hybrids were not supposed to have latin names is all. I suppose we don't always know they are hybrids when they are described.

*drool*
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Im digign the Ventricosa x TM cross...

I just need roooooom!! You guys are so mean!!

cheers

I always love all those "amatorial" photos whowing growers happily with their plants between the hands!
Really great! You are great!
Happy growing!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Back