What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

<span style='color:teal'>Hello!  
smile.gif

I have right now 4 Nepenthes plants that are producing basal shoots: N. x Dominii, N. ventricosa, N. gracilis and as usal and common as it may be, N. ampullaria 'Green'.

I took pictures of some of them today. Want to share them with you all and also want to hear about your experience with basal shoots in your Nep's.

I have read that this is normal in most mature Nep's and that they will produce them every year. Is this correct?

N. ventricosa, finally i will be able to see lower ventricosa pitchers:
BSNEPENTHESVENTRICOSA.jpg

N. gracilis, i have counted 5 new basal shoots, is this normal? I mean, a gracilis producing so many basal shoots at the same time?:
BSNEPENTHESGRACILIS.jpg

N. ampullaria 'Green', common but beautiful:
BSNEPENTHESAMPULLARIAgreen.jpg

Cheers,
Jorge Joel...
Emilia's Garden</span>

My only nep that has produced basal shoots is my N.x edinensis, so far that's the only living thing on the nep, since I hacked my nep for cuttings which seem to be working, but just in case I have a basal shoot for backup.

They should soon send up More Basal shoots unless im not sure what youre talking about Piranahlplant

emilias_garden
love the 3rd picture!

Cheers

Back