What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes ramispina

Well I don't often post to this section, but I just thought I'd share a picture of my Nepenthes ramispina, it's a rainbow of color. Some leaves are as dark of a brown as the pitchers others are a bright red.

It looks great!!
smile.gif

Wow! Great looking plant! I have a N. ramispina getting adjusted to my growing conditions right now, seeing as I received it about a month ago. Hopefully it will grow as nicely as yours!

By the way, how much light are you giving it?

funny that it looks like it was in a rosette then stared to get to vinning then went rosette at the top...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Mar. 09 2006,5:01)]funny that it looks like it was in a rosette then stared to get to vinning then went rosette at the top...
That is from insufficient light while it was growing at one point. Low light levels cause the plant to elongate more than it normally would.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ Mar. 09 2006,4:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ Mar. 09 2006,5:01)]funny that it looks like it was in a rosette then stared to get to vinning then went rosette at the top...
That is from insufficient light while it was growing at one point.  Low light levels cause the plant to elongate more than it normally would.
Yep, that is when i moved it inside for the winter, then once I built my shelf, I had room to place it under the lights.

Before it went under the lights it had a south-south-west window, but that still wasn't enough for it.

It and the rest of my plants are on a 17 hour photoperiod.

I took, a bunch more pictures of it. I'm at school now, but when I get home i can post a few more, some showed the coloration in the leaves better.

Kinda hard to say. It is directly under (2) 4' tubes 80w, but each shelf has (4) 4' tubes 160w, so it picks some lite up from the other fixture as well. You can see it in the lights in the picture. 4' tube is 40w

Each fixture has one plant/aquarium bulb, I think they are 37ook and one daylight bulb 65ook or was it 55ook.. Dunno it in the section were everyone talks about lighting.

Info on the lighting here http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=22111

I removed the t8's as suggested, they didn't seem as bright as the others.

Cool, thanks for the info. That's actually what my plant is under right now, except both bulbs are cool white.

I tasted the nectar, it was pretty bitter.
smile_m_32.gif

And the biggest pitcher is about 2.5".

Back