What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild Nepenthes in Borneo 96 photos

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SydneyNeps @ Mar. 12 2006,11:47)]I really adore tentaculata for its simple grace and incredible diversity - there are just so many different forms of it, growing from lowland altitudes to villosa levels.
I agree!!!  After seeing a picture in Charles Clarke's book of a mass of tentaculata, the all green form, growing carpeting a bed of moss, i am on a hunt for one of these plants now!!!

I have to say, this is one of the most beautuful Nepenthes photos I have ever seen!
9093c3d0.jpg

is that a Trusmadiensis ludwig? and your right its rell cool.
Jerimiah: what can i say great pics as awlays. i would love to travle there one day!!!

Thanks for sharing those beautiful pics!

It's just superb ! Thanks for sharing those wonderful pictures.

Kina.

Thanks for taking the time to post these spectacular, amazing, breathless pics, Jeremiah.

the best part is, he's speaking at our next meeting, yay! that is the guy right Jeremiah? I can't wait to meet him if it is

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ Mar. 12 2006,2:12)]is that a Trusmadiensis ludwig? and your right its rell cool.
Jerimiah: what can i say great pics as awlays.  i would love to travle there one day!!!
That would be correct.

IN regards to the photos....fabulous. No doubt 2 thumbs up the best pics I've seen in a long time of wild Nepenthes. The N. hurreliana and N. burbidgeae photos are lovely. As well as the upper N. lowii photos.

why is one of the lowii uppers are not as constricted? i know its not ephippiata because it doesnt have a large lid, but then lid also looks very small....

Jeremiah,
Many thanks to you and your friend for sharing these wonderful images.
KPG

Dang, Jeremiah! Those are awesome!
Thanks for taking the time to post them!

Greetings all. Thought I'd make an appearance. These pictures were taken on a recent Jungle Geeks excursion. While their trips are not for the tourbus traveller they certainly deliver on their promise to show you good places to see Nepenthes in the wild. Thanks for all the kind words. Here are some comments and answers to your questions.

SydneyNeps - I also love some of the less showy Nepenthes like tentaculata and I'm pleased to see others appreciate them too. I found it hard to get good photographs of it as it often scrambles around and through other plants. While I think murudensis and tentaculata should be different species, it was sometimes hard to tell the difference in young plants and if there were hybrids it would be hard to tell because, as you point out, tentaculata can be quite variable.

Rajah - yes that is Drosera spathulata

rbjong - I've also very much appreciated your photos of Nepenthes in the wild although I don't actually post often. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to do the Meilau trail so the pictures from Kinabalu National Park are either from the main trail or Marai Parai.

Jason Wong - Three mountains and two hills. Kinabalu (main trail and Marai Parai), Trus Madi, and Murud were the mountains, a hill near Murud and a hill near Lawas.

The Griffin - Hi Joe. Yep, these are the same pictures though there might be a few different ones depending on my mood when I made your respective disks.

FedeAbra - Yes it is hurrelliana

glider14 - Yes it is x Trusmadiensis.

Cheers, Rich

Thanks again Rich for letting me post these photos they are unbelievable.

I hope to have them up on the CCPS site within the month.

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

Jeremiah and Rich,
We were late seeing the pics. Absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing. We like them all, but the hurrelliana peristomes are truly fantastic. The necks are as long as the pitchers!
We also liked the ground scrambling veitchii. They remind me alot of the form found near Bareo. Where was that?

Jeremiah and Rich,
wonderful pics! it makes so strange to see all those beauties in nature!
Could you send me some lowii and reinwardtiana pics in high resolution to my gmail address? Here it is : agarulez@gmail.com
Thanks!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

I have had a lot of photos request the larger photos, does anyone know of a place I could upload the full 2.68 MB image for free?

Thanks
-Jeremiah-

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jeremiah Harris @ Mar. 13 2006,11:54)]I have had a lot of photos request the larger photos, does anyone know of a place I could upload the full 2.68 MB image for free?

Thanks
-Jeremiah-
If you would put the whole collection on a CD or two, I'll volunteer to make copies for whoever wants them.

Back