What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N.hamata

• Thread starter dewy
  • Start date
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ April 17 2006,6:45)]Yeah, I'm sure the cool nights are helping. The bad thing is that my nights only get into the lower 70s at best, so it'll be interesting to see how this plant does.
Try ice packs as this is what I use to lower the temp.
dewy

So you just put them in there at night and then re-freeze them during the day? The only problem I see with this is that the plant will be in a larger tank with lots of other Neps who may not really need a lower night temperature.

Hey, would you happen to have any pictures of your N. hamata?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ April 17 2006,6:52)]So you just put them in there at night and then re-freeze them during the day? The only problem I see with this is that the plant will be in a larger tank with lots of other Neps who may not really need a lower night temperature.

Hey, would you happen to have any pictures of your N. hamata?
I might would put it in a separate tank since it likes cooler nights. I have some pics, but my parents won't let me post them right now. I will see if I can post them in a few days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (schloaty @ Mar. 15 2006,8:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Could I possably grow something like a Hamata or would it be a waist of time and money?

My indoor conditions...

During summer- 90's day/70's night
During winter - 50's day/ 30's night

Indoors it's 30's at night?!? Holy cold floors, Batman!
I think you're summers are actually too warm for hamata - mine gave up the ghost last year under similar circumstances.
Yeah I do everything I can to avoid using electricity. During the winter I walk around the house in coats and in the summer I walk around the house nekkid. It all started after I bought this house and recived my first $1000 electric bill.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Mar. 15 2006,1:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Mar. 13 2006,10:35)]My indoor conditions...

During summer- 90's day/70's night
During winter - 50's day/ 30's night

I can keep humidity around 60-70% most of the time. So far, Ventrosa-trada, J. Finn, and Raff's have survived these conditions.
Must've been a pretty tough raff.
smile_k_ani_32.gif
I acually have two Raff's that seem to LOVE my changing conditions. I've had to move them all around the house to new places because they just keep getting bigger. They are prolly the most acclimated nep's on this forum. No matter where I put them they just keep on truckin.

I think I'll just stick with the lowlanders for now because I bought a Clippedia(sp) and it seems to like it here also. Right now Im looking for an Alata and after that I'll just get all the lowlanders I can. It sucks that I can't get highlanders though.

I have a Home Depot Nep that's just like that. It seems to thrive in less than ideal conditions and it's my biggest Nep, by far. Nothing can stop it!

Good guess, but this one isn't a ventrata. It's a maxima hybrid of some kind and it's a beast!

http://www.cpforums.org/gallery/album107

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ April 17 2006,11:24)]Nice pictures! So is that in a 3 inch pot?
Yep. I will get some more pictures when the 2nd pitcher fully opens and colors up some.
dewy

Back