What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Propogation

You could, but I'd wait till it's a little larger. It'll have a better chance of surviving long enough to root.

I cut off a basil shoot several years ago that was smaller than a dime. After much TLC and coddling it is now about the size of a half dollar coin. Took 3yrs to get that size. Other shoots, that I have let grow out, got to be nice size plants in the same time.

It looks like a lovely ventrata to me.

Cheers,

Joe

So basically once it gets a few more leaves and a few small pitchers...I have another one, N.Rafflesiana that has quite a few basal shoots that are about 2 inches in diameter and some nice pitchers on it, I should be able to remove those right? BTW thanks guys for the ID and the quick reply!

Generally speaking, it is best to let basil shoots be at least 4 inches tall before you remove the growth point.

I like to let the basals grow and make cuttings of the vining plant, sometimes cutting off the entire vine. The basals just seem to grow better and bigger than the vine does for me.

i learned that from steve too!
cool.gif

Back