What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Peristome Nectar

While looking at my new N. ventricosa, I noticed the peristome on one of it's pitchers was shiney, and when I touched it, sticky. I took a quick look around to see if the coast was clear, and then I stuck out my tongue and... licked it. Tasted amazing. If you guys don't hear from me for a few days, call 911 and tell them to search the bottoms of the nep pitchers for me.

hey man, dont let that nectar get to you, this is what happend to me...
plantadesatanas6ue.jpg

joel, let me know if you want me to take this off...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dlybrand @ Mar. 26 2006,7:44)]Bad day, eh Santos?
see what happens when you feed neps meat, then they try to eat you!

Haha, nice pic. I want one of those!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CopcarFC @ Mar. 26 2006,8:27)]Haha, nice pic.  I want one of those!
well joels hamata did sure get me!
biggrin.gif

ROFLMAO!!!! hahahah nice Santos. did you get out alive or are you typing while you are inside of it? the nectar under the leaves of my ventrata(still no pitchers) tastes rely good. cant wait for the rim nectar
alex

You're like "The neaf nectar is delicious, but I can't wait for the peristome nectar! I'm eagerly awaiting it!"

I picture you sitting at a table with a fork and knife, staring at your nepenthes. It just cracks me up.

Look at what this plant did after feeding! This is all secreted by the plant:
p_juices.jpg

You're talking about the juice? I wonder how that would taste (before bugs dissolve in it of course.) Too bad it might dissolve your stomach from the inside out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mannex17 @ Mar. 26 2006,9:56)]You're talking about the juice?  I wonder how that would taste (before bugs dissolve in it of course.)  Too bad it might dissolve your stomach from the inside out.
Judging by the smell of it, I wouldn't try it...
confused.gif

Mannex17: the 'juice' from an unopened pitcher is sterile and if you want to try some...be my guest. i have heard that if this sterile juice is put on wounds(to an extent) the pain is greatly relived.
alex

Back