What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

few of them picture thingies

Too tired to sleep.. is that possible?  Anyway... A few pics of some new things

N. Medusa (bellii x sibuyanensis)  I have had this cross before but this arrived in the mail a few days ago.  Most are a little more elongated and redder.  Plant is 17" diameter and tendrils were easily that long.
NbelliiXsib_Medusa2.jpg

N. Hookeriana x spectabilis  I am always on the look out for highland x lowland stuff.  I think this has fantastic promise for breeding purposes to produce great shapes and colors on easy to grow plants in just about any lowland - highland climate.
NHookXspectabilisEP.jpg

And a couple plants of an intriguing new hybrid.  I had to try some even though they are lowlands.  These two seemed to have the best coloration although all of them are quite pretty.
N. (thorelii x rafflesiana) x rowanae
Young plant 6" diameter
NthorXraffXrowanaeEP2.jpg

Large plant 14" diameter
NthorXraffXrowanaeEP1.jpg

Tony

ps sorry BobZ.. will get them into proper area on my website soon as I finish my Taxes!

Great images, Tony. That N. Hookeriana x spectabilis is very colorful and certainly has great potential as a parent, as you pointed out.
Thanks for sharing,
KPG

Beautiful pitchers!

Great plants! Would love to see a shot of the whole Medusa plant, tendrils and all!
smile_m_32.gif

Hard to get a good shot but here ya go Ludwig!  The pitcher that is just opening on the right is a different plant.  Hard to believe there is N. bellii as one parent!
Nmed2.jpg

Thanks so much Tony! I really think these are awesome plants. Mine is still not large enough to pitcher but it has tendrils forming on most of the newer leaves. Thanks again!

if i ever get a greenhouse built that will be one of my first new Nep purchases. i really like the hybrid

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ April 02 2006,9:12)] Hard to believe there is N. bellii as one parent!
So far I have a pure belii, a Medusa, and a belii x ventricosa; I like anything with belii in it due to the long tendrils...
I have a belii x xtrusmadiensis on the way in a couple weeks, it should be spectacular!!! If anyone has this plant please post a pic...
smile_m_32.gif

Ludwig

[b said:
Quote[/b] (killerplantsguy @ April 01 2006,12:30)]That N. Hookeriana x spectabilis is very colorful and certainly has great potential as a parent...
Mine flowered last fall, but alas, no females were receptive at the time.

Back