What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hail storm

What a coincidence!
Now I got a damage from squrriels, then hailstorm! Worst of all, the hailstorm came right after it rained for a while. All I can hope is that they recover, since I grow all my CP outside- exposed- include tropical CPs. Did anyone's CP got damaged from hailstorm before? I just want to know what to do for them, especially pings and droseras...

well we got hail about the size of rice with no ill effect. i think the highlander neps liked it....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]well we got hail about the size of rice with no ill effect

'round here we call that sleet. Hail is when it's at least the size of peas, LOL....Though a bad hail it can be like grapes (not common).

we had grape sized hail

Had a similar thing happen here recently...I was running for the tarp to cover my outdoor CPs real fast!!!

grape sized? the fun stuff is golfball size, generally get one or three storms a year in the area with that. its not a hailstorm until its busting out windows
smile_n_32.gif
anything less is just an annoyance

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ April 11 2006,5:35)]anything less is just an annoyance
Or the it's the stuff you can put into your freezer and show your buddies at school the next day!
smile_n_32.gif

-Ben

I had hail hit my Sarracenia before. Just bounced off, but a real strong wind is what will really knock any CP down and cause damage.

The first time I stuck the tank of Sarra's out this year, a hail storm, and unfortunately it did not bounce off, but cut the leaves off like a saw.
Sunday, I put the tank out again and pulled my lower back. I then proceded to lay on the heating pad too long and got second-degree burns.
Darn Sarracenia...
mad.gif

Cheers,

Joe

Back