What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hungry, Hungry Hybrid

• Thread starter srduggins
  • Start date
venteatsbongso.jpg

Not bad, Steve! hehe

Nice color on that N. ventricosa x trusmadiensis.
KPG

*talks like the Bettie in kung pow* mine is better

91284716O219654259.jpg

Yeah, it is actually darker than the picture. Hard to get accurate dark pictures when the camera wants to adjust and make everything lighter. I have been experimenting a little and getting closer to actual color. Here's a couple more mature pitcher pictures of the bongso x Trusmadiensis
bongsoxTM3.jpg
bongsoxTM.jpg

and more accurate color on the ventricosa x trusmadiensis. The one in the middle is the same pitcher
P1000032.jpg

Nice pic. I just found a mostly mature hamata pitcher about to pop the diatas pitcher it is growing in. Kinda funny looking

Sounds cool, How a bout a picture? My photo was totally staged, but I have seen pitchers growing inside other pitcher alot. Maybe in my low humidity environment, the tendrils seek out these places of slightly higher humidity.

This is kind of random but I was just wondering... Has anyone ever had a tendril go into an open pitcher and have the new pitcher develop inside the old one? Years ago I had a tendril inside a small pitcher from a basal shoot of a ventricosa, and I was always curious to see what would happen if I kept it there and have the pitcher burst it's way out as it outgrew the small pitcher.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Sounds cool, How a bout a picture? My photo was totally staged, but I have seen pitchers growing inside other pitcher alot. Maybe in my low humidity environment, the tendrils seek out these places of slightly higher humidity.
does that answer your question statik? well i looked at one of my neps.......AND ITS FINALLY MAKING A PITCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course it has to be the mutated one
biggrin.gif
. i can tell for sure because the pitcher is getting a little larger(not inflating yet though) by the day and the tendrill is also very thick and getting longer
smile.gif
. now if only my non-mutated one would pitcher
confused.gif
very nice plants BTW.
alex

Back