What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. inermis

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
I was taking a few pics of my inermis, since it finally got around to making uppers, and I noticed that it is putting out a spike. Not sure what the sex is but I might be up for some crossing here in a bit. If anyone else has a semi-interesting (i.e. not ventricosa, ventrata, etc) plant coming into spike in a bit I'd be interested in hearing from you to maybe set things up.

So, what are you waiting for? Post the pics!
smile.gif

I wait for them!
Bye!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

If it turns out to be a female I'll set you up with some hamata pollen. ;)
robin

That would be kind of interesting, though it might end of making a mundane-looking pitcher(the shape if hamata w/o the teeth along with inermis coloration).

Cheers,

Joe

Don't forget, if it's a female, each female flower can be polinated with something different, just be sure to label the blooms with a string-tag to keep track of your breeding experiments. and if you do multiple pollinations be darn sure no flies or bees get into your growing area or the pollen can be spread on the other flowers.

I like Swords idea, get some funky Cross breads going on. And i have to agree with The griffin, dont think that N. hamata would look to good with N. inermis if it had gotten the color, N. fusca might look preaty neat.

Cheers

Cross it with a ventricosa red or giant form. There are always those things spewing pollen everywhere.
smile_n_32.gif

Raff would be nice too.

Mr. Aga,

Nothing too spectacular at the moment, just the beginnings of a spike coming out of the last leaf. When the spike actually starts doing something I'll post a few photos though.

The hamata cross could be kind of cool. From the few hamata hybrids I have seen hamata seems very dominant with colour and pretty dominant with the peristome. I would predict some nicely coloured lowers at least and who knows what the uppers would look like.

@ Swords: I already had plans to do a few of the blooms with a huge truncata that my friend has in bloom.

I have inermis coming into bloom as well, I'm guessing mines a female by the looks of it.

I'll hook you up too Dustin, if your interested ;) let me know. the flowers have started to open. I agree the cross may not look very good, but then again it may! perhaps with repeated crossing to hamata, something interesting will pop up.

My N. hamata is coming into bloom as well, so I dunno if I'll need your help, kinda nice both are flowering simultaneously!

good fortune! dang I wish I could get my inermis to flower! ;)

Well it is a male.

Any females out there?

Pyro,
now it is really time to post some pics!
smile.gif

24 May today! ;)

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Back