What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. xDyeriana

• Thread starter ludwig777
  • Start date

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
Got this from Peter a while back; finally got a pitcher on this one:

p_Dyeriana.jpg

Notice the pitcher to leaf ratio.
Anyone else growing this one?  Please post a pic.

did you have to get that special ordered by request? how much was it? very beautiful plant!
alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ April 20 2006,1:14)]did you have to get that special ordered by request? how much was it? very beautiful plant!
alex
Many vendors have just what you want...just have to give them a call.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glider14 @ April 19 2006,4:14)]did you have to get that special ordered by request? how much was it? very beautiful plant!
alex
You can send an email to the owner of the website http://www.nepenthesaroundthehouse.com/ . I think he has made a big rooting cutting of that plant.

Absolutely nice! The striped persitome on that plant is surpassed by few other neps in my opinion.

Thank you all. This pitcher is juvinile and does not show what this hybrid is capable of...just happy to see its 1st pitcher though...
smile.gif

spge,

Yeah, I do readily take cuttings from my plant. I have one extra right now that I'm rooting. It's not an end cutting, but big nonetheless. Won't be ready for a few months though.

Joel
Nepenthes Around the House

[b said:
Quote[/b] (uglypho @ April 19 2006,8:10)]Absolutely nice! The striped persitome on that plant is surpassed by few other neps in my opinion.
And they get truly monstrous in size, too, at an astonishing speed. The first dyeriana I ever saw with my own eyes was a 13 inch colossus at a friend's nursery. I was given a 3 inch cutting last October, which just put out the first pitcher of the spring season: five inches, right out of the box. It's still a bit green, though
smile.gif

Here's an update, showing a little more form and color:
p_Dyeriana_2.jpg

Here's an update with the latest pitcher:

Dyeriana_2_ezg_2.jpg

Dyeriana_3.jpg

Back