What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northiana help

Here is a bad pic of my N. Northiana leaf, it def. has light damage but you will also notice that on the sides some of the tissue is dieing. My question is: is this just severe light damage ( I know that this particular nep likes it rather dark) or is this also some type of fungus/pest? Thanks all
smile.gif

IMG_0378.sized.jpg

Hopefully the picture worked.
David

it looks like somthing other than sunburn! if you look those are deep 'wounds' and i dont think sun can cause that. only pest that live on leaves could cause that and i see none. you problem is most likely bacterial/fungal/viral problem. i dont know any thing that would help because i never use chemicals.
good luck
alex

apply systemic fungicide, and a miticide if you can get them. northiana is notorious for getting red spots which is pretty normal but you have a more serious problem that will spread to your other plants if not treated.
hope that helps
robin

Thankyou both for your help. Could you all, or anyone else, recomend a miticide and fungicide? or what NOT to use? I will go get it ASAP. Thanks again.
David

Orthenex works well for me.

yep orthinex works good for mites. I also use Avid, and Akari. I personally use Zyban for the kind of fungus you have. Clearys 3336 ?(sp?) works good too.
DON"T use sulphur.

Back