What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos

Well, after lurking for a couple years now Ive decided to come out and show some of my plants. Excuse my novice photographic skill, I am learning.

setup.jpg

1. This is my 4x3x2.5ft lowland setup I built close to a year ago. There are 8 40 watt fluoros, I am considering moving to a 250 watt HID bulb, probably MH. The bottom half isnt as dark as it appears in the picture.

north.jpg

2. The damaged northiana.

north2.jpg

3.Bad pitcher close-up.

lowtrunc2.jpg

4.My new favorite N. Lowii x truncata growing in true lowland conditions.

lowtrunc.sized.jpg

5. My favorite picture so far of the lowii x truncata.

bical.sized.jpg

6. Bical growing happily in the dim second half

two.jpg

7. This is the same bical from the previous picture, the Raff is huge!

Well, that is all for now from Chapel Hill. Hope you enjoyed
smile.gif

David

Nice stuff man! That's one thing I found with N. northiana, to get really great pitchers the leaves usually end up sunburned/pigmented from hgh light conditions but I'd rather have sunburned leaves with great pitchers than pretty leaves and sub-awesome pitchers! Is that N. rafflesiana giant Clone BE99? It's a great plant!

Great looking setup and plants! N. lowii x truncata is one of my favorite hybrids, too.
Thanks for sharing and good growing,
KPG

hello,
wonderful plants, I love the BE-99 raff, and the northiana too.
What are your temps like?
Thanks

[b said:
Quote[/b] (123dhs @ April 27 2006,10:32)]Well, after lurking for a couple years now Ive decided to come out and show some of my plants. Excuse my novice photographic skill, I am learning.

U may be novice photographically, but not in growing. Anyone who can grow a northiana and BE-99 (w/ freakin huge pitchers) has my respect (and I'm in the real lowland, darnit). Those two are the slowest things on the planet.

What are your temps? My brother will be plsed to know that the lowii x trunc. can grow in lowland (that is if your place is really lowland).

Great looking plants...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (123dhs @ April 28 2006,7:32)]4.My new favorite N. Lowii x truncata growing in true lowland conditions.
This is a wonderful plant.  Mine has produced a copius amount of digestive fluid inside.

p_lowii_x_truncata_2.jpg

Gorgeous pitcher ludwig! what a peristome. My conditions in the terrarium are mid 80s during the day to mid-upper 70s at night. In the summer if the house is warm the terrarium can easily get into the 90s but the plants dont mind at all.
The BE-99 is a monster and it loves light. One of my favorite aspects of this plant is that, when in bright light, the newly opened leaves are gorgeous copper/maroon color.

Thanks for all your kind replies,
David

[b said:
Quote[/b] (123dhs @ April 28 2006,7:12)]My conditions in the terrarium are mid 80s during the day to mid-upper 70s at night.
How long have you kept your lowii x truncata in these conditions? Was that pitcher fully formed while in these conditions?

I have had this plant for about 2-3months now. Both this pitcher and another one that you cant see in the picture fully formed while in the terrarium. It has been thriving in here. In fact, I think it grows much faster than my Northiana.
Alright, I am off to my LAST day of classes, I will be back later to answer more questions and hopefully take more pics. BTW, if anyone does live in the triangle area of NC, (I am in chapel hill, go heels ;) ) I would love to meet.

Back