What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Viking development.

<span style='color:teal'>Hello!

My Viking has had a real good improvement. Here is a picture of the newest pitcher. You can compare with the previous pitcher in the pic bellow.
NEPENTHESVIKING040520061.jpg

NEPENTHESVIKING040520062.jpg

The new pitcher is double the size of the previous. In the 1st picture both pitchers are in a row, so you can see clearly the improvement.</span>

Wow...that's a beauty! How large is that pitcher?

<span style='color:teal'>Hello! Thanks for your coments!
smile.gif

The biggest one is exactly 3 inches tall. And the old, smaller one is 1 & 3/4 inches tall. Isn't it a good improvements?  
smile_m_32.gif
</span>

It's always a joy,well done.

Robert

<span style='color:teal'>Thanks Robert!

Now i am waiting for the 3rd new pitcher to fully develop. As you all have seen the previous 2 developed over the surface of the soil of the pot. But this 3rd one is hanging outside the pot. So i am interrested in see if this will have any influence in the form of the pitcher.

Cheers...</span>

<span style='color:teal'>Hello there!

Here is an update of my plant, now that it has fully produced its 3rd pitcher.

NEPENTHESVIKING2505062.jpg

NEPENTHESVIKING2505061.jpg

And the whole plant it hthe 3 pitchers:
NEPENTHESVIKING2505063.jpg

This 3rd pitcher is not like the 1st one, which does not have neck. But it does not have the long neck like the 2nd. It is really exciting that Vikings produce different forms of pitcher in one single plant. Don't you think?</span>

Looks nice.  Do vikings grow from cuttings as other neps, since they have a rhizome where other neps don't?

Nice viking! Mine is just starting to come around as well, sslloowwwllllyyyyy adjusting to a highland climate (and over winter at that). But it's picked up the pace and is making the third pitcher as we speak. Not as big as yours, though!
biggrin.gif

Capslock

<span style='color:teal'>Thank you guys!
smile.gif

Ludwig, hmmm... I do think you can do cuttings from Viking. At least i have read that there are some people in Asia doing it. Still i have to wait a looooong time to try it with my plant.

Capslock, so yours has also 3 pitchers... hehehe... curious. How much time have you had yours? I ahve had mine since last february.

Cheers...</span>

Back