What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May pics

Hey guys,
well took a few pics that turned out OK. Thought I would share them with everyone.

here are my 2 different macrophylla. getting bigger!

here is the Wistuba clone.
---.jpg

Here is BE from seed.
redmac.jpg

hamata
hamatainter.jpg

lowwi x ventricosa
lowii-x-ventred.jpg

here is something from the movie "the thing" AAAhhhhhh!!
thething.jpg

hope you like em!
robin

Robin, we always love your pics. The more I see it, the more I'm convinced that particular Wistuba macrophylla clone is a hybrid. The BE clone shows oyu what pure macrophylla should look like.

What happened to that hamata pitcher - grew in a squished spot?

Thanks Hamish. Yeah I agree. The bigger they get the more apparent the difference is. Yep the hamata was growing in a crack, and I pulled him out, but not soon enough. I think we should start a deformed pitcher thread since I seem to always have several of those at any given time. hmm I'll start collecting pics of those guys from now on ;)

Glad you liked em,
Robin

Hi,
thanks for the pics,
it wouldnt require a pro to tell that you grow your plants very well, I love the sphagnum and I can hardly see any pots.
was just curious, what are the temperatures for your set up?
thank you

Fantastic plants, Robin. The N. macrophylla from BE is a real beauty and the interlocking teeth on the N. hamata really look sinister!
KPG

Bonsi Nepenthes!
smile_m_32.gif
i like the BE clone more than the Wistuba clone. the persimtone is more defined. what is the one in the 3rd pic with the lid just beginning to open? nice plants
alex

lol that last one just strikes me as edvard munch meets CPs...

Hi guys, thanks again! Glad you liked em!

Lam_wn, my temps are usually 55-85F. humidity around 70%

glider14 , that's lowii trying to make an intermediate pitcher ;)

yeah, I like the BE plant too!

happy Friday!
smile.gif

i should be getting a 4" mac, BE clone, hope its like yours robin!
smile.gif

SEND ME TE LOWII X VENTRIOCOSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm baddddddddddddd!
WWWOOWOWOWWWWWWWWW! Super!!!
Niceeeeeee!
Mr_Aga

that one that im getting is one of the few seedgrown left. after that there will be only TC. i think i got a good deal for a seed grown mac...
smile_l_32.gif

Yes, it was a goood deal!
Man..I love that hybrid!

Mr_Aga

Robin, can I ask how old the BE seedling macrophylla is? Mine seems slower than lowii ! I bought a one inch diameter seedling nearly two years ago and it's still less than four inches across.
confused.gif

But it does have cute little pitchers:
macrophylla2.jpg

Cheers,
T.

hey guys,
thanks for the compliments.

fc3srx713b. If you are getting your seed grown BE plant from TP you won't be dissapointed. it's a steal at any price!

tonyc. good looking plant. I don't know how old mine is honestly, but it has doubled in size in about a year. my advice would be to fertilize that baby! warm days help them grow faster. I have recently been feeding blood (from the butcher) directly into the pitchers of my seedling plants with excellent results.
hope that helps,
robin

Those're some awesome plants! Congrats on your success with them! I hope they continue to thrive.

*sniff* I WANT A MACROPHYLLA!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have the money its just i need the tank for one. that will probably drain me though... *sigh* oh well
alex

What stunning plants! A feast for the eyes. Beautifully grown. Thanks for sharing the photos.
smile.gif

why is seed grown always more expensive than a TC grown one? there is no BIG difference right?
alex

Here is another N. macrophylla froom seed - the background pitcher reflects how much it has grown in a year - photo taken yesterday:
b674f3c6.jpg

This plant was damaged by a rat, but it has recovered nicely.  Mant thanks to "some guy with a bunch of plants".
Good growing all,
KPG

Back