What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do you grow N petiolata

I've found it intolerant of constant warm temperatures, especially at night. It grows best as a highlander.

sorry to hijack but why is this nep always so expensive? there is nothing realy stunning about it other than its persimtone.

I have to disagree. Your new acquisition looks very nice, and if I could be assured of getting one as nice, I'd probably buy one too. (Well maybe not right now).

yes it is a very nice plant im not saying it isnt. im saying the main thing that i see on it that stands out is the persimtone.

I think it is spectacular. For a start, the colour. It is a deep red, which is not too common amongst Nepenthes. Secondly the peristome is nice and flared. Thirdly it is quite hirsute. Fourtly, the pitchers get to a decent size.

As to why it's expensive. Many Neps are expensive, and I could go on an exhaustive explanation as to why (which I've done in the past). The cost of obtaining the seed, then propagating it. It has not been in cultivation for that long. It is an attractive and in-demand species. It is only available from one source.

Back