What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mosquito + human blood?

Hi,

I found a mosquito next to my bed half engorged with MY blood.  Anyway, i swat at it to temporarily stun it and then dropped it into one of my newly formed N. sanguinea.  Anyone think this was a bad idea?  It's just human blood cells and mosquito flesh...
smile_t_32.gif

Johnny

In the words of your Nep, "Feed me SpyC!". No worries, I always feed full mosquitoes (if I let my guard down enough) to my Neps. Lots of goodies they can use in our red sap!

human blood for neps?  never thought of that...............  
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ludwig777 @ May 13 2006,12:26)]human blood for neps? never thought of that...............
smile_m_32.gif
I can hear all the kids out there now saying "I knew my brother/sister was good for something......"

My plants usually have a nice growth spurt after consuming a cat or a dog, but they've never had human blood...

After a lion tastes a human the first time, it never wants anything else. Hmmm.....

And, before any budding young expert can write a page disputing that lion thing; I made it up.

You know, you can get large quantities of cow's blood from many scientific supply houses.

Mokele

yep, you can get a pint of cow or pig blood from the butcher for about a dollar. ;)

if there's a sudden jump in growth spurt, i'll let yall know...
smile_m_32.gif

LMAO. I can see it now. Every ones neps pitchers are going to be half filled with cow or pigs blood. LOL I couldn;t imagine the stench after a few days.
confused.gif
Human blood is bad enough after a few hours! LOL

I work in an Operating room as a surgical tech so I smell human blood just about every day I am at work.

Back