What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. inermis

ludwig777

Neps, Neps, Neps.........
I am new to inermis; are these lowers, intermediates, or uppers? Thanks for your input:
p_inermis_2.jpg

I believe true "uppers" on N. inermis should completely lack a peristome.

My plant looks very similar, but has a small amount of reddish pigmentation, which I'm told indicates it is not the "true" species.
KPG

they look like intermediets to me.

the tendril attachment is on the side so i would say intermediate. only when its right behind the pitcher is when its uppers. color also comes into play but i think with inermis id doesnt matter...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ May 14 2006,10:40)]the tendril attachment is on the side so i would say intermediate. only when its right behind the pitcher is when its uppers.  
Thanks, I never knew that.

I have a very young N. inermis. What conditions does this plant like?

I've only had mine a couple months but it is in highland conditions with frequent overhead watering and doing fine. I did notice not to feed it too many bugs as the pitchers rot easily. Mine catches dozens of gnats on its own so I just leave it alone.

That's a young inermis pitcher. When they get bigger the "uppers" totally lack a peristome. Here's a link to my site so you can check it out.

<a href="http://www.nepenthesaroundthehouse.com/ninerm.htm" target="_blank">N. inermis link
</a>

Joel
Nepenthes Around the House

Joel: I just want to say that I love your site and I use it all the time for Nep info. Thanks for creating it!

Hey thanks!! I need to update the photos on some plants. Will do that soon. This summer when I have a little more time maybe I can add to the soil, temp, water sections for clarification. Seems like a lot more Neps are available in retail nurseries but the staff has very little experience about cultivation. Thanks again for the compliments!!

Joel
Nepenthes Around the House

My Wistuba Clone A looks like the same actually. Uppers should arrive very soon!

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Whent the pitcher shows reddish pigmentation it's probably because the plant is not so pure, i had got an inermisxbongso and it was just like that:
04d336e5.jpg

Not a beautiful discover at all...

Man, sell the plant!
smile_h_32.gif

Or better don't give the plant away without telling what it really is.
So at least the market will remain pure.

Bye

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Federico,
take a look at the basal shoot of my Inermis ( Andreas Wistuba A Clone ) if this picture can help you.
It looks a little more like yours...
Bye

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

inermis_basal.jpg

Back