What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My first outdoor Nep pitcher

vft guy in SJ

VFT and Drosera lover
Here are a couple pics of the first outdoor Nep to produce pitchers for me.

Enjoy
Steve

nep1.JPG

nep2.JPG

N. macfarlanei x ventricosa

WOW!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif
smile_k_ani_32.gif

hey maybe later try some more till you get to joels level!  it keeps the stress of having them grow in an enclosure down. they grow as they want outdoors...

*UPDATE*
97989845O751000351.jpg

very impressive Santos. I just moved another plant from the greenhouse to the windowsill today...its a very stressful day!
smile_m_32.gif

Nice Steve. How long has it been out? Are you going to try to keep it out year-round? (Steve lives an hour from me, but has a warmer, drier climate in summer/fall.)

Capslock

Hi Max.. I put it outside in January '06. As of now the plan is to leave it outside year round. We'll see how it adapts to summers here. I suspect that it should adapt well considering I got it from Phil Faulisi. He had it in his greenhouse, but his summers are even a little more severe than mine. Regardless, this is the first pitcher that this plant has made for me since I got it in Jan '05.

Cheers
Steve

Yeah better light and warmer weather really helps a plant to pitcher. I also noticed how much smaller the leaves are under better light and they look a little tougher too. Also the old leaves have turned red in the sun while the new leaves are more green. They may get a little red sheen on them, but they should be fine. All things to be expected, and showcased very well in your photo.

Back