What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best windowsill neps

• Thread starter kayrubadub
  • Start date
What do you guys think are the best windowsill neps?

depends on location, if your on the cool side instead of the ewarm side i would try x ventrata and N. bongso both have proved remarkably able to handle lower humidity for me. always try cheap hybrids first and go from there unless yah dont mind risking a $30 plus plant.

Normal temps are 70-75degrees 50% humidity around 60% if sprayed a couple times a day, so it is perfect for high landers. So far i have heard that the neps that do best in windowsills is N. alata, N. ventricosa, N. khasiana, N. ventrata amd N. bongso. i know most high landers will do well on windowsills but i want to know the ones that do better than others on windowsills.

for pure species that are extreamly showy(if yah like black flaired perisromes and burgandy/purple pitchers) your going to have a hard ime beating N. bongso(on the right) the other actually probably would do quite well too but you probably will have a hard time finding it and last i knew they werent cheap
smile_n_32.gif

a71b4d7a.jpg

that bongso has pitchered for me in 40% humidity, right now its only in about 60%

how about mine in dips of 20% outdoors!
smile_n_32.gif

99970834O806278531.jpg

99970953O671884232.jpg

The term 'windowsill' irritates me becuz of this: Because I can grow N. ampullaria as a 'windowsill' nep all year round, but could someone in, say california do that? I doubt so. So pls include your 'windowsill' conditions whenever you are talking 'windowsill', k?

Wow nice plants guys, i have been looking for a pic of a N. bongso, also hard to find for sale. Oh and Jason Wong, i did say my conditions it is my second post, right after i posted it i remembered that i dident post my conditions but by then someone already responded.

check with Tony, he usually has them thats where i got mine.

Link? Does he post on this forum? Whats his username?

I dont think there's such a thing as the best nepenthes for windowsill growing. I have found growing nepenthes this way works very well with alot of hybirds and species.

Back