What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best places to buy neps

What do you guys think are the best places to buy neps?
Ones i have gathered.

California Carnivores.
Sarracenia Northwest.
And of course Pet Flytrap.

Any others that you guys have heard/experienced about?

Also i hear people saying they got blank at pet flytrap and then when i got on there they only have two types N. judith fin, N. faizalaina. Whats up with this?

their stock varies a bit over the course of the year. send them a email they might have more in stock. ive never gotten a nep from Phil but the Sarrs and such that i have, have been top notch.

havent ordered anything from the others. have ordered from Cooks and Tony(Par O Bek Orchids) and the plants have all been great but for the money Tony has had the best neps of the two though they are doing slightly different things

if PFT has it i order from them first to support the forums, if they dont i drop Tony a line

For some reason, nep sellers are generally good folk. I've had good results with PFT neps - everything they sell is healthy and well-packed.

Also, I've had good luck with:
Tony Paroubek - I have LOTS of neps from him, and they are always outstanding and hardened off for easy growing.

Sunbelle - Trent is a great guy and great seller of neps. Check out his N. vikings!

Leilani Hapu - Currently remodelling his greenhouses, but I've purchased maybe 15 neps from him off of ebay. Very impressive plants shipped lightning fast.

Exotica Plants - the best hybrid growers in the known universe, but overseas and you have to get a group together to make the paperwork and extra import costs make sense. Still worth it, though.

I've also bought from tristans CPs in Hawaii (great prices, sometimes hard to get ahold of), Hortus Botanicus, Equilibrio, and a couple others, and as long as you know what you're getting (sometimes small plants at small prices) you'll be happy. I'm knocking on wood as I type this, but I haven't had a bad experience yet!

Capslock

ive ordered from Leilani Hapu also, forgot about him, that was almost 3 years ago. were really good plants and was quite happy with them also

I think i am going to give Tony a try.

I have a few from Black Jungle and they're great... also got a few cephs from them... good company and speedy

Tony's neps are top notch.

I bought my Nepenthes rafflesiana from PFT.

Nraff1.jpg

You forget MT for their over-exaggerated packing (scotch-tape
smile_m_32.gif
), and BE, whose quality I think is pretty good.

Back