What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lowland requirements

If I can keep the temps and humidity in the 70-80's that should be good for lowlanders right? I have my highlanders in those conditions and I'm seeing new pitchers already and it's only been about 2 weeks. If it is good enough for lowlanders I know what I'm gonna be buying soon.

Thats fine for them. They will love it.

well dont get your hopes up for N bical or N ampullaria... they need more humidity than normal neps
alex

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]well dont get your hopes up for N bical or N ampullaria... they need more humidity than normal neps
alex

N. ampullaria "speckled pitcher"
night temps 60's, day temps 70's, relitive humidity ~60%
f9a53bd4.jpg

for referance on conditions, the leaves below the amp pot is a very healthy and happy N. ephippiata

its intermediate conditions, not lowland. night temps do drop farther every so often. days are not hot and humidity never gets over 80%

i think i will just be quiet now...:p

lol the problem with making a generalization about amps is they seem to be one of the few species where there are lots of different clones floating around. there is bound to be exceptions to the general rules with the species.

They do like it wetter than most, though. At least giant red amp. I had a major back pull and could not make it downstairs to water for a week. Only casualty....
smile_h_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

Back