What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(N. x trusmadiensis) X N. veitchii

Hey eveyone i've been waiting a while since i've obtain this plant to show off, due to the small size. Now that its starting to pick up on growth here it is.

PIC

wow! thats gonna look awesome when it gets bigger!
alex

Isn't that actually veitchii x Trusmadiensis. I'm pretty sure all the flowering trusmadiensis have been male in cultivation.

Hi,
that cross sounds like lots of potential!
who made that cross btw?
hope to see beautiful pitchers next time you post pics,
thanks

Way to go Phill, too bad I didn't get one of those when I was buying plants from him. Are these all seed grown, or did he get it into TC, and did it survive his unfortunate calamity? I probably know the answer based on availability of this cross. So is his hobby back in "business"?

And it really is veitchii x TM, right?

Phill Mann did not make this hybrid. From what i understand two guys made the cross in Germany. Dean cook was in touch with them and was given a few plants.

Close ,very close.
Believe it or not, I know who made this cross. A buddy of mine from Liverpool, UK (Steve Gordon) obtained pollen from Phill Mann's TM and pollinated his veitchii with it. Phill and Steve split the seed. I got some seed from Steve, and....blew it.
smile_h_32.gif

I got Dean in contact with Steve for seedlings.
At one time, I was in contact with a lot of people, lol.
Cheers,

Joe

Phill told me he had made the cross in a letter, but I dunno.  I know he has it in cultivation.  He did send a photo of a pitcher you could put a french poodle inside of, probably held a quart or better of water.  I posted it here once some time back.  It's a wowzer for sure!

I got confirmation from my buddy Steve about crossing his female veitchii with Phill's TM pollen...
Is it possile that this cross has been made more than once?

Cheers,

Joe

Possible. There aren't that many flowering Trusmadiensis around, there are a couple here in Australia, a couple in Germany. I don't know if Jeff Shafer's is at that size yet.

Back