What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got some new Neps today!

N. petiolata and N. stenophylla. They're pretty big too. They're planted in 6 inch hanging baskets and I can't wait until they acclimate and start growing! Woo!

Oh, and two weeks from today is my last final. Give it up for summer. Uhhh.

EDIT: Time for some pictures!

N. petiolata
JuneCPpics001.jpg

N. stenophylla
JuneCPpics002.jpg

A picture of my H. 'Tequila' that came with these Neps
JuneCPpics003.jpg

A picture of my up and coming B. liniflora, just because I think it's such a cool little plant!
JuneCPpics004.jpg

That is all.

I have 3 final tests two weeks later, and I still have to take class in summer.
smile_h_32.gif

hey is that the khasiana x tobaica you got from me?!?!
smile_m_32.gif

i wonder where you got that h. tequila from...
smile_l_32.gif

oh man thank hevans for summer!( sorry to break it to you but im out allready)! At least you dont have to take summer school...
confused.gif
I guess maybe its a summer thing cause im getting some new plants to!

Man those plants look great and that looks like an awsome set up!

Cheers!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ June 01 2006,10:07)]hey is that the khasiana x tobaica you got from me?!?!
smile_m_32.gif

smile_l_32.gif
Hahahaha, I don't think so
smile_n_32.gif

But above the N. stenophylla (you can't really see it in the picture) is the N. maxima x ventricosa you gave me! I think it's rooted now but has yet to give me any pitchers. I'm hoping it'll start pitchering soon since I moved it to an area where it'll get more light.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_ak @ June 01 2006,10:40)]oh man thank hevans for summer!( sorry to break it to you but im out allready)! At least you dont have to take summer school...  
confused.gif
I guess maybe its a summer thing cause im getting some new plants to!

Man those plants look great and that looks like an awsome set up!

Cheers!
Thanks man! I'm actually thinking about posting pictures of my whole setup within the next few weeks.

Oh, and you're incredibly lucky to be out for summer already! Enjoy your time off
smile.gif
And yes, it's nice that I don't have to take summer school. I need a freakin' break
smile_l_32.gif

What plants are you getting to celebrate the beginning of summer?

Do you do anything special to keep your temps down with all those CF lights?

LLeopardGGecko that Ceph look very nice...have a pic of the whole plant?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LLeopardGGecko @ June 02 2006,11:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (fc3srx713b @ June 01 2006,10:07)]hey is that the khasiana x tobaica you got from me?!?!
smile_m_32.gif

smile_l_32.gif
Hahahaha, I don't think so  
smile_n_32.gif

But above the N. stenophylla (you can't really see it in the picture) is the N. maxima x ventricosa you gave me! I think it's rooted now but has yet to give me any pitchers. I'm hoping it'll start pitchering soon since I moved it to an area where it'll get more light.
yeah! give it more light!!!

You should DEFINETaly post some pictures of youre set up!

D. parodoxa
D. sessifolia
D. montana var.tomentosa
D. capallaris picasso's giant
D. venusta "coccicaulis"
Ping ionanta seeds
and a plug of U. calcyfida "yogo soth"

Maybe some Neps like a N. ramspinia
or A N. maxima

Is what I want to get.
smile_l_32.gif

And a nice fixin to my set up. Get some nice 3.5 inch pots and have room for about 7 more plants. But Then I have to repot, and thats never fun!

Cheers

Is "Picasso's Giant" right, or do you mean Pasco Giant ?

Cheers,

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do you do anything special to keep your temps down with all those CF lights?

I do nothing special to keep temps down with my CF bulbs. My daytime temps are in the 90s during the summer and my plants are just fine with it, probably because with my air conditioning my nighttime temps get down into the low 70s.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]LLeopardGGecko that Ceph look very nice...have a pic of the whole plant?

Thanks for the nice words! I'll try to get a picture of the whole plant tonight or tomorrow.

Back