What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shade cloth over glass window

The temp by my window where my neps are gets pretty up there because of the glass so my question is this: if I put a shade cloth over the window would it help or hurt the neps? Will they get enough light? There will soon be a Hamata and a Predator there so I really want to do what's best for them. Will it keep the temps down and humidity up?

It will keeps temps down but humidity depends on the room and how its prepared.

i tought of this a while ago. if they are on a window sill they wont get as much humidity. if they are in a tank they will get humidity but not good light(not as good as sun anyways). so put a humidifier near your plants. it doesnt need to be one of those fancy ultra sonic humidifiers...just somthing to boost the humidity! that sould keep both of your new neps happy.
alex

Everything I see at store are huge and I don't have a lot of space to put something that big. I just mist them a couple times a day when I see it gets low.

Ultra sonic humidifiers by a window sill. I have to say thats unnecessary by all means for window sill growing. Growing results have been wonderful for me with this type of cultivation. I've seen some pretty nice Hamatas grown by window sill. I think what alot of people do wrong is mess with their plants by moving them around alot then they stress. Just leave them there, its alwas best to let them do their own thing.

Back