What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. albomarginata purple/black

Mine has green pitchers but it is still young. The picture of it had black pitchers and the people told me it would be black. So my questions is if the pitchers are green now will they turn black or do they start black from the beginning?

they will turn that color with age...just like a young ventricosa where it is half green and half red...it eventually turns all red.
alex

That's good then. The thing is that there are all these kinds out there I just want a black/purple one. Just like my tentaculata that is on the way.

Just remember it could be a green form. Sometimes there's people selling so called "black forms" on ebay. Then they just turn out to be typical green.

I hope that's not the case here. I didn't get it from ebay. I got mine from a dealer. I hope it's black. They look so nice.

i think it may be green if its green, the leaves are a diff color of the black form

For anyone who is highly desireous of this hard-to-obtain plant...there is one in the...AUCTION.
biggrin.gif

What color are the leaves of the black one?

what I want to know is, are the N. albomarginata for sale here truely the species or a hybrid? I've never seen that sort of spotted pattern on one before. (picture enlarges if you click on it)

i think i seen spotted forms like that...

I looks like the Penang spotted form

Back