What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My 1st Neps

I just recently got some in.I got a N.Medusa and n sanguea or however it's spelled.I was wondering what you guys use for media.Right now I have a mix of peat, orchid mix, pearlite.Don't know if it will work sure hope so.If thats not a good mix then what should I use??

My preferred mix these days is 1/2 lfs, and 1/2 chunky stuff - like orchid bark, perlite, pumice, charcoal...

Your mix will work, too. Everyone has their favorite. See how it goes for you!

Capslock

I use just LFS. Get ready though, they get addicting. I started with one, now I have like 10.

My sanguinea was origionally in half n half perlite and LFS. I just repotted it in in LFS. Its still going just fine.

Strait up LFS has worked the best for me. I tried a few different soil "recipies" but strait LFS seemed to be best. Also in about a year and a half all the LFS will be alive and it makes a beautiful soil cover.

It takes that long for the LFS to come back alive?

That depends on your conditions. After about 2 months the dried stuff starts to come back. After about a year and a half you won't be able to see any of the dead LFS anymore.

At least thats how it is for me. But keep in mind most of my plants grow outside in horrible conditions.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JMurphy97 @ June 21 2006,8:41)]I use just LFS. Get ready though, they get addicting. I started with one, now I have like 10.
Man I know.Really all cp's have become real addictive.It's reached the point to where if I know nothings coming in the mail I start cussing.
smile_n_32.gif

Back