What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a flower coming in?

Recently I've noticed a nub on my Nepenthes ventricosa, unlike the nubs of new leaves or pitchers. This has led me to believe that it's a flower coming in.
If it is indeed a flower, then I'm hoping to catch it before it's too late, and to remove it to redirect the energy needed to grow it, into the rest of my Nep, etc.
However, not wanting to unnecessarily remove a new leaf or the like, I came here for your opinions.

So, flower or not?

nepflower0ix.jpg

nepflower23nj.jpg

nope just a pitcherless leaf. sorry. your ventricosa looks far to young to flower.
alex

Thank you. ^^

I had thought my plant was too young also, but I wasn't familiar with the new growth.

Hi and welcome to TF! I have to agree with Alex. That's a new leaf. The plant is too young yet. But hey, new leaves are a good thing. I always look for new growth to determine whether a new plant has been acclimated or not.

Back