What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Truncata Pictures

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
Here are just a couple of photos of the newest pitcher to open on my Truncata.  That is a 40 OZ beer bottle for size reference.  THe bottle is touching the pitcher and its not trick photography.  I was too tired and drunk to try any of that. BTW That was the 2nd 40 oz.  LMAO.

Truncata%20002_635x480.jpg

Truncata%20004_635x480.jpg

Wow thats a big plant
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Is that a lowland?

Way too drunk? Looks like you drank only 14 oz or so up to then...
Edit-right after posting I saw the last sentence about that being the second-my bad.

smile_n_32.gif

Cheers,

Joe

PS Nice plant!

carnivorkid I assume its a lowlander. It stays in my GH where the temps get up to about 100 due to the fact I don;t have a wet wall yet. Funny thing is I have a remispina in there too that is just growing like crazy and its a HIGHLANDER! The Bicalcarata that is suposed to like it hot is just now starting to grow. The Nepenthes ampullaria - Spotted is growing outside and finaly inflating its first pitcher too. I have a sanguina orange ourside and its doing AWESOME. The funny thing is when I ordered the three plants from balck jungle, ramispina, bicalcarata, and ampullaria I assumed the ramispina would be my problem plant with it being the highlander out of the bunch, well it hasn;t missed a beat!!!! Still has the pitchers from when I recieved it. It lost a few, but not like the other two loosing them all. It has been popping out pitchers left and right! The leavs are smaller, but thats because of more light. The other two that are lowlanders are coming along slowely but surely. I recieved the truncta from Justlikeapill and it had some size to it when I got it, but all the pitchers were half gone so I cut them off. The three pitchers it has now are from me, and they are bigger then the ones when I recieved it. The newest pitcher I took a picture of today was just about twice the size of the last pitcher to open. I credit that to the fact I put some slow release fertilizer in the pot shortly after the pitcher started to inflate.

Griffen um Yup way to drink
smile.gif
I decided to start my vacation off with a headache! LMAO I had one and then decided to go back up to the store and get another. This was this morning. No I'm not a lush!! I work nights so 8 in the morning for me is just like you guys night. I went to sleep shortly after drinking and posting the pictures. I get the 40s because they are cheaper than buying a 6 pack and when I want to drink them fast for a buzz before I go to bed. Why buy 6 when you just need to buy two? Granted they are a big two. They worked out for a size referance too. LOL

Ohh yeah!
Man....I don't know if your truncata is still lowland or highland...maybe it is intermediate because it has a red red peristome...that the lowland truncata usually has not.
Try to keep it out also with low temperatures and see what it happens! ;) ahaha..kidding!
I post my truncata...she is an highland form and I got it from Wistuba ( Germany ). The plant has 2 years!
smile.gif

My latest pitcher is 23 cm long....yes..long and not big...I cannot understand...I would like a super big and wide peristome but for the moment it is still thin. Could it be because the plant is still young?
Look to my fingers and also make measures with the size of entire pitcher and the peristome.
Mine is a highland also because I know that she doesn't like too hot temperatures!
Enjoy,

Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

truncata_highland.jpg

mad skillz!

JLAP You got her/him started!I would like to see this plant flower so I know if its a he or a she. Thanks again JLAP

While we're on the subject of truncata and alcohol, here's a shot of my 2004 Pasian highland truncata standing next to a bottle of 2004 Cabernet Sauvignon...
smile_n_32.gif

winepitcher-1.jpg

Cheers,
T.

NICE!!!!!!!!! Tony your a little more refined than I, but if I had to drink win thats the kind I would drink! Had some on a wine tasting coming back from the Atlanta botanical gardens. Should have seen a bus load of orchid society folks and I am the one walking up and down trying to pour wine while the bus is going down I-20.
smile_n_32.gif
 Its funny how there is that much variation in pitcher shape.  Mine have a larger girth than the other two posted here and bigger lids.  But the others are very good looking too!  
cool.gif

Hey Josh, I'd have posted a pic of it next to a bottle of 'Old Hooky' (my local brew) if I thought it'd mean anything to the guys on the far side of the pond!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ohh yeah! Let's drink Monkey Island's GROG!
smile.gif

Also very nice pitcher tonyc!
Your Nepenthes did also have a very thick and large RED peristome! I hope mine will do!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

Great looking plant. I have one that is a lowlander, I have just moved here to Sunrise, FL (Ft. Lauderdale). The afternoon temps get to around 104 degrees in my backyard and my truncata is in my shaded patio. It is already producing two new leaves with pitchers, but I have a feeling these are going to be some good sized pitchers! Good job with yours!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tonyc @ June 24 2006,3:47)]Hey Josh, I'd have posted a pic of it next to a bottle of 'Old Hooky' (my local brew) if I thought it'd mean anything to the guys on the far side of the pond!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Wait a minute! I thought YOU were on the far side.  
smile_m_32.gif

Seriously, though, my wife's family are from Oxon. (Summertown, etc.) Nice to see you here!

WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
Truncatas WINNNNNNNNNNN always!
I want a very BIG ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
LIKE THIS ONE I HAD in my handsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!
I really wanted to lick all the RED peristome!
Mr_Aga
Milan - ITALY

praga05_45.jpg

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MrAga73 @ June 26 2006,3:54)]I really wanted to lick all the RED peristome!
Uhhhh....yeah. There are doctors that can help with that you know.

mauahaha! just dont fall in there aga!
smile_n_32.gif

JBs truncata is a lowland form. You can tell by the lids.
How cool are the nights in your greenhouse, Josh?

The Green house gets down to ambient temps about 70-80 at night during the summer Depends on the weather. I don;t have any cooling other than fans in the green house to speak of as of yet. I will be adding a wet wall when I rebuild it. During the winter I try not to let the temps drop below 55. The thermestate is set to 60, but sometimes they can't keep up so temps sometimes get to the low 50's. And from what I found out thats not all a bad thing for alot of the stuff I grow. Provided I keep them dry many need the cold to flower better.

Not a fancy highlander but just a good-old lowlander. If the pitcher was just a little bigger around the bottle would fit inside.
DSCF0014_4.jpg

Back