What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sicky nep advice needed

Hi
Some while back I posted a  message on my ailing N. vogellii. It turns out it well may not be a vogelli after all.
Anyway since them it has struggled on. Its growing point developed into a very small leaf and the next growing point was very green and soft not really like a leaf at all. Since them it has gone rather limp and shrivelled down one side. I am not sure whether it was caused by the leaf being effected by heat or a passing pest!! Here is a current photo:

As you can see there is not much left.
confused.gif

Its been growing in the coolest part of my Neps house near my villosa. It has never grown much in the 18 months I have had it from a tiny seedling. Earlier this year I decided to move it to a slightly lighter part of the house. Big mistake as that it went into this current decline. After repotting and moving back it did pick up a little, till now. Should I try it in my indoor highland tank which is much more humid or just leave it where it is, what do you think? I still think that it can be saved, but making the wrong move now could be fatal! Any suggestions?

cheers

bill

get it warmer... even if it was vogeli it doesnt like that cold of conditions. i think they can even survive as intermediet. but you dont have vogeli. DONT move it in to that highland tank! it has much higher humidity than what it is currently in. the increase in moisture could lead to rot. neps have to acclimate to their new environment. gradually move it to the warmer area and lighter area.
Alex

Back