What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

here is why i ignore cuttings for months on end

the last time i looked at this guy was May when we moved to the house. i though it was going to die as the growing tip had turned brown but i balanced the pot(inside a ziplock) next to one of my frog tanks under the lights and promptly forgot about it. tonight i happened to glance over and thought "what the heck is that?" having forgotten all about it. i opened it up and to my surprise i found this:
25a0ddf2.jpg

d0c0d887.jpg

my baby hamata care of a very generous person awhile back

here are my other hamata cuttings im trying to get going
843a3542.jpg

N. bongso, pitcher off of a basal
2e6b0c55.jpg

N. aristo, an absolute mini of a plant, i think i need another clone
smile_n_32.gif
it is flowering size
8453fe24.jpg

veitchii x eymae
bfb4b179.jpg

*note to self*
Ignore all my plants!!!
...That was your advice right!
smile_m_32.gif

Those are some seriously good looking plants. That unopened pitcher looks awesome.

Zac

lol i do basically ignore them. they get watered every other week. when i remember i mist them(maybe 4 times a week?)

i hadnt actually opened up the plastic all the way for several weeks as the base ment has been quite cool so they havent been drying out very fast. i had no clue about the bongso pitcher forming. the aristo was a surprise but i think its fairly new anyway as its not fully inflated yet. the veitchii x eymae i have known about as its been trying to leave the chamber and is poking out of the plastic

Nice plants, but I just can't ignore them
smile_n_32.gif

me either especially when both of my neps have mites and they are spreading to my orchids! Nice plants though
Alex

Back